x

Does Square use the SIC code of 8099 vs. 7299? I want to accept Flexible or Health Savings Acct Card

I run a massage therapy business. I want to be able to accept Flexible Spending cards or Health Savings Account cards.  These type cards are for folks to use for health care not covered by their medical plan.  I am trying to verify that Square readers use the SIC (Standard Industrial Classification) code of 8099 vs. 7299.

• 8099: Medical Services, Health Practice – Physical Therapy and health care oriented Massage Therapy merchants included. To be able to accept Flex Spending /Health Savings Account cards, you will need the 8099 code.
  • 7299: Miscellaneous Personal Services, including wellness oriented Massage Therapy

It is not redundant as your normal credit cards will work on both codes however only 8099 allows access to the Flexable spending cards.  

Anyone know for sure? Wish I could as Square directly!

thanks

Lisa

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

I have no idea about that but you can contact them directly at 855-700-6000

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/contact

Answer the couple questions then click call us to get your customer code to enter when calling. 

Message 2 of 3
Square

We can ensure your Square Account has the correct Merchant Category Code. Follow the steps @VanKalkerFarms provided so a member of our Support team can give you a hand.

Message 3 of 3