x

Shopping cart initially says Free

I've got my online store live! Yay!

I have used the following information and chosen Free shipping overall and a shipping charge for each individual item.

"Within those two options (Flat or Free) you can also add a shipping rate to each individual item.

Let's say you chose a flat rate of $2.00.  Open an edit form on an individual item, scroll to the very bottom of the form field and you will see "Additional Item Shipping Charge." If you put $1.00 here, when the customer views the item on your store, for shipping it will say, "$2.00 flat-rate per order + $1.00 for this item. Ships within..."

If you chose Free Shipping and then added a dollar figure to "Additional Item Shipping Charge," the customer will see, "$1.00 for this item."

In testing the site, I see that when an item is added to the shopping cart, a popup window says "Free" but when you get to the next step, the item shipping charge shows up. I would like to get rid of the initial "Free," it's misleading. Any help?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square

I absolutely see how that would be misleading and completely agree. Currently we don't have the ability to disable that pop-up window but I will be sure to share this with our Product Liaison team. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! 

Message 2 of 2