x
Beta Member

Does square mask the last 4 of your card number on an invoice?

I recently paid an invoice for a photography deposit & then the photographer cancelled, she refunded me via square, however the card I paid in says my card ends in 1818, I don’t have a card ending in 1818, my card ends in 4518. Does square mask the last 4 of your card number for protection? I’m just nervous because the credit hasn’t been applied to my card yet & she processed it a few days ago. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @jmcdorman 👋 Thanks for reaching out here on the Seller Community. Happy to have you join us.

We can confirm that there is no masking of the last 4 digits of a card number on Invoicing. The last 4 digits of your card number should be refelctive in the payment details on the Invoice receipt; 

If you are seeing a separate card number on your Invoice receipt, we recommend reaching out to the Seller directly.

I hope this information is helpful! Let me know if you have any clarifying questions.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

I found the charge on my bank statement so it was deducted, but I haven’t gotten anything from her or square about the refund. It seems very odd to me. I did use Apple Pay with my card linked ending in 4518, but it shows I paid of ending in 1818. But my bank account says it came out. I’m so confused! A170ECB5-CF22-4514-B58D-7A498BF12E38.png

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

ApplePay will mask the last 4 digits of your credit card, so that's exactly what happened. Apple does this to protect your card information should the receipt(s) get stolen, but it does make it very hard to find payments in situations like this. @jmcdorman

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4