x

Ending day Z reporting and tax exempt processing

Made the switch to Square POS yesterday.  I have a retail thrift store and it seems like the end of day reporting is not typical.  Is there a way to run (on the receipt printer) Z reports?  It runs the cash drawer total, but I need a quick check print out of totals - cash, credit, over/short, tax exempt.  I would like to run this on receipt printer so that it stays with the cash deposit that is being prepared.

Also, tax exempt tracking is crucial to resale business.  I sell many items to resellers and they are tax exempt.  I see that I can waive tax, but even the most basic traditional register includes "Tax Exempt" feature.  This needs to be part of the Square Register if it isn't already.  Under discounts would be good.  It is actually quite surprising that this isn't a feature...or at least one that I can find.

How can I report daily on Tax Exempt sales?  I don't want to pay tax on sales that I am not collecting tax on.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

There is no tax exempt report.  but you won't pay taxes on all your sales.  Square keeps track of what you collected in sales tax.

you can print reports to your receipt printer.  the instructions are in this article. https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5381-in-app-summaries-and-reports

Message 2 of 3
Alumni

@RofT - welcome to Square, we're happy to have you! Check out the article @VanKalkerFarms mentioned, but feel free to let us know if you still have questions. 👍

Message 3 of 3