x

Find the full number code of the eGift Cards folks have bought?

Hi! I can't seem to find the full code number of the eGift Cards folks have bought. Can anyone please help? I'd like to add them to our booking engine so folks can actually use them.

Message 1 of 53
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Wanted to provide an updated  Best Answer to this thread as the previous one is a little bit outdated. 

At this time the ability to export full gift card number (Full PAN) is limited to Square Sellers that are looking to export their gift cards or migrate their gift cards to another vendor.  The reason for this decision is that when this setting is enabled on your account it allows anyone that has Dashboard access to export this report that includes all the gift card numbers and balance available and it becomes a risk to the Seller's business. 

If you still require and have a particular need to get this report then it would need to be escalated by the support team and only the Account Owner would be able to request such escalations (Mangers or Authorized Representatives cannot request it).  When requesting it you should ask for permission to "Export Gift Card PANs" 

I hope this information is helpful and brings clarity to this topic. 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 49 of 53
52 REPLIES 52
Alumni

Hey @TapTastings!  You can access the Gift card numbers directly from the Reports section of your Dashboard. Follow this flow: Reports > Gift Cards > Export (top right corner) > Gift Card Numbers CSV

Since gift cards have 16 digit numbers assigned to them, the CSV spreadsheet sometimes converts the number into scientific notation to fit inside the cell ( ex 1.23E + 15). In that case, you'll need to change the formatting to plain numbers in Excel. 

I hope this helps!

Justin
Message 2 of 53

Thanks, Justin, but these are the values in the CSV file. 

Gift Card Token

PAN Suffix

7944b713357542489cc21631f155e023

b563498c3b0e4fc287986bcf1f81ff1f

Message 3 of 53
Alumni

🤨 Hmm, that doesn't look right. I'd call into Support about this so they can check out your CSV file and help export the correct Gift Card numbers. 

Justin
Message 4 of 53

I know, right?  It's weird. 

Ok, I'll contact them. 

Thanks for trying to help, Justin!

Message 5 of 53
Alumni

@TapTastings

Of course! Loop back here and let us know how it goes in case other sellers run into the same issue 😊 

Justin
Message 6 of 53
Beta Member

@JustinC @TapTastings 

Same thing is happening to me on the export for the Gift Card Token... seems to be an ongoing issue. Has this been resolved or is it being worked on??

Message 7 of 53

I forgot to post here that I got some help for this!

Go to Reports (instead of straight to gift cards).

THEN choose Gift Cards.

Then hit Export in the top, right.

Then choose Gift Card Numbers CVS

And there they are!

Message 8 of 53
Beta Member

@TapTastings That appears to be the format of the "Detail CSV" Export rather than the "Gift Card Numbers CSV". There seems to have been a recent change with the exports and now the "Gift Card Numbers CSV" shows the full card number in the "Gift Card PAN" column:

Gift Card PAN Gift Card Token Currency Balance Cents Updated At UTC

The 4 digit you see on the register and on the receipts is the last 4 digits of this number (PAN Suffix) in the "Detail CSV" export:

Gift Card Token PAN Suffix Issue Date Last Reload Date Last Used Date Current Outstanding Amount Location

In an earlier version of the "Gift Card Numbers CSV" it did not have the last digit of the full card number and you had to merge the two files using the "Gift Card Token" to get the correct "PAN Suffix". Hopefully this will stay so you don't have to do the merge. Also, if you need the "PAN Suffix" in the spreadsheet it is easy enough to do an =RIGHT(A2,4) formula and then you can easily search that column. Be aware that you could end up with duplicate "PAN Suffix" and then you have to try to determine which is the correct full card number.

Message 9 of 53

I can export details and summary but I don’t see an option for numbers. Can someone help?  Details provides that long gift card token and pan suffix. It would also be nice to see the issuer and recipient name to know who it belongs to. 

Message 10 of 53

I would like a list of my open egift cards with the date, buyer, recipient, amount, and redemption number. How can I get that?  I have clients that come in not knowing their redemption number or amount because the egift card was emailed to the buyer, not recipient.  Also, Booker, another spa program, lets you search by name, date, amount, or message to pull up the GC so you can get the redemption number and amount and use it for payment.

Message 11 of 53

Hello @mindfulmassage7 👋 Thanks for joining us here on the Seller Community! Good question, here.

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding exporting eGift Card information, including card numbers and balances. Take a look at this Best Answer from Justin for more insight on how to obtain such a report.

Let us know if you have any further questions! We are here to help.

Joe
Message 12 of 53
Beta Member

This doesn't seem to be working anymore. There is no Gift Card Numbers CSV. The only options are a summary and detailed report. Neither has the full code.  You can only see the last 4 digits on the summary report. Is there another way to get this information?

Message 13 of 53

I’m not sure why they don’t allow this for owners. I asked for the raw data and they won’t give it to me. For this, Square is awful. 

Message 14 of 53

The method mentioned above is working.

Go to Reports first (not directly to gift cards) then choose gift cards and then the export button.

Message 15 of 53

For the detailed report it only shows you the last four digits. For the summary report, it shows you nothing. So the reports don’t work. 

Message 16 of 53

@mindfulmassage7 I took a look at your account and it looks like that feature needed to be enabled for you. Can you please try to export them again and see if it works? I have the steps described below so you don't have to scroll as much. 🙂

You can export all of your existing Square Gift Card information to a spreadsheet right from your online Square Dashboard.

To export your Gift Card information:

1. Navigate to the Reports tab of your online Square Dashboard and select Gift Cards.
  2. Select the Export button in the upper right hand corner and choose Gift Card Numbers CSV.
  3. A CSV file will automatically download onto your computer. Keep in mind that this file will contain full gift card numbers and their corresponding balances so you will want to handle this information sensitively.
AshleyK
Message 17 of 53

I don’t have the gift card numbers csv to export. Just the summary and details.  Still no changes. 

Message 18 of 53

@mindfulmassage7 That may be something Support needs to look into directly, then. They can escalate to engineering if there are any further issues. 

AshleyK
Message 19 of 53

Thank you. That’s what I was hoping would happen to get the data for me. I don’t understand why it needs to be hidden from the owner. 

Message 20 of 53

This inquiry window helped me when I was having the original problem:  call into Support

Message 21 of 53