x

Fresh KDS alternatives

Does anyone know if any Fresh KDS alternvatives for iOS? I want all orders that come in to be displayed on another iPad. 

Fresh KDS is exactly what I'm looking for but it does not have an app for iOS. 

Thanks

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 50
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Drumroll, please...🥁

Dropping in to announce that Square now offers a Kitchen Display System! We included lots of great information about our new KDS in our Product Update post, but be sure to check out our Support Center article before getting started to ensure a smooth transition from your current setup.

We are so excited about this, and hope you are too - feel free to hop over to our Product Update post to leave your questions or feedback about the brand new Square KDS.

If you need more one-on-one help, log into your Square account and head here to speak directly with our team.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 46 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

I Purchased the new square register in hopes that it would work well with the fresh KDS 2.0.  but fresh continually disconnects and has errors still. If I wasn’t so integrated with Square it would be an easy decision for me to switch to toast and use the elo screens for my toast KDS integrated system

Message 43 of 50
Beta Member

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Kitchen display" The author has been notified via email.

We have a very busy food trailer and are needing to have a kitchen display screen that shows the order makers what they need to make. I know Fresh KDS is said to be compatible but is there anything like this that square offers besides a printer? 

Message 44 of 50
Beta Member

I see this is an old post, but I have been using Incoming by Salesvu. Although, in a recent search to see if anything else has been developed by Square I didn't see Incoming as an option. Not sure if it's still available, but I'm still using it. I was only looking for alternatives out of curiosity. I keep hoping square will develop its own KDS app. 

Message 45 of 50
Alumni

Best Answer

Drumroll, please...🥁

Dropping in to announce that Square now offers a Kitchen Display System! We included lots of great information about our new KDS in our Product Update post, but be sure to check out our Support Center article before getting started to ensure a smooth transition from your current setup.

We are so excited about this, and hope you are too - feel free to hop over to our Product Update post to leave your questions or feedback about the brand new Square KDS.

If you need more one-on-one help, log into your Square account and head here to speak directly with our team.

Valentina
Message 46 of 50
Beta Member

Hi Valentina,

I have a questions regarding the KDS.  We are in the process of setting it up and wondering if within the KDS app by going to Settings > General > Display Type?  Is it possible to change this setting?  We are hoping to find a way to have the coursing information on the Expo ticket and currently this option appears to be unavailable.

Message 47 of 50
Alumni

Coursing would be considered a feature request at this time - you are correct in thinking that this is not currently available. Square KDS is very new, so I'm certain we will see many changes and new features in the upcoming year, @MaisonMT!

Valentina
Message 48 of 50

What is the difference between Fresh KDS & Bump KDS?

Message 49 of 50
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @jill6487 👋Thanks for bouncing here in this thread. Good to hear from you!

This sounds like a good question for @FreshKDS - any clarity you can provide here? 

Joe
Message 50 of 50