x
Beta Member

How can I assign a payment already recieved to an invoice?

Since we can't do partial payments yet, we have to take a payment then figure out to assign it and the remaining payment to a single invoice. Is this possible? 

Ex. Total job is $6200. We take the downpayment of $3100 and just punch in that amount and recieve payment. After the job is complete, we collect the remaining $3100 but the customer wants a reciept showing total bill paid in full.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

I'm wondering if there is a "Deposit" option on your invoices. I, and every other business in the events industry takes a deposit when a client signs a contract with us and then gets the balance when the work is complete. On your invoice, I have to show my "Deposit" as a "Discount" to make it work, which is fine, but then when the reporting comes out it is innaccurate because both my Balance and Deposit are shown as discount at some point in the transaction. It seems like it would be an easy addition to the options. If you don't already have it... why not?

Message 2 of 4
Alumni

Hi @CoolingDynamics & @classicdjs - I've merged your posts together because they look like the same question. I don't know if you had a chance to look yet, but our Invoices team just announced a beta for taking partial payments on invoices. The post is pinned to the homepage and if you're interested in signing up, just comment on the post: https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/General-Discussion/Test-Partial-Payments-in-the-Invoices-Request-...

Message 3 of 4

Thanks Katieand

Message 4 of 4