x
Super Seller Alumni

How can I change an item's price at checkout without specifying it as variable?

I want to be able to change an item's price at checkout, but I don't want to enter each item as a 'variable' price.  Is there a way to do this?

Judy T Shumway
Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

you can add a second or third price point to your items and just name it but don't enter a price.  that way the item defaults to the regular price but you have the option to click the second price which is variable.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller

Best Answer

you can add a second or third price point to your items and just name it but don't enter a price.  that way the item defaults to the regular price but you have the option to click the second price which is variable.

Message 2 of 9

Can I bulk do this to all my items as I enter them?

Message 3 of 9
Square Community Moderator

You'd have to edit each item at a time, @YorkBatt 🙂 

Message 4 of 9

How do I add a second or third price point4 to my items?

Message 5 of 9

Hey there, @Gunksman -

Welcome to the Community. 

Are you looking to set a variable price to the item or are wanting to add modifiers to the items? 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 9

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my very late response. I don't know about variable settings or modifiers. Once in a while I find that I created a price tag for an item that doesn't match the price in my Square data base, so I want to change the Square price to match at the time of check out.

Message 7 of 9

i'm also looking to do this...we do a retail/wholesale business and we change prices often for customers manually. Our current quick books pos system lets us do this...but it seems to be lost in most other point of sale systems.  please help. 

Message 8 of 9

Right now, the workaround @VanKalkerFarms shared in this thread would still be the best way to achieve this, @YorkBatt. You can create a variation for your item, and leave the price on the variation blank so you can change it as you go when you make a sale. 

Message 9 of 9