x

How can I check my client's e-Gift card balance?

Is there any way to check a client's e-gift card balance?

Message 1 of 24
2 Best Answers
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

It is the same as physical giftcards.  Click the Gift Card in your item list and just enter the e-gift card number.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 24

Best Answer

I cannot seem to get any loaded gift card to show it's balance or see an option to add funds to it. Below is what I read on the Square FAQ pages for Gift Cards, but it does not seem to work as stated when I try it. The gift card balance never shows on this screen. Perhaps I don't know what is meant by "in-app item library". Can someone please clarify?

From an iPad or Android Tablet

1. Go to your in-app item library and tap Gift Cards.
  2. Swipe or enter the gift card number.
  3. The gift card balance should be shown at the top next to the gift card number.
  4. You can leave the screen or load more value on this gift card.

Never mind... I figured it out right after I posted this. 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

It is the same as physical giftcards.  Click the Gift Card in your item list and just enter the e-gift card number.

Message 2 of 24

Best Answer

I cannot seem to get any loaded gift card to show it's balance or see an option to add funds to it. Below is what I read on the Square FAQ pages for Gift Cards, but it does not seem to work as stated when I try it. The gift card balance never shows on this screen. Perhaps I don't know what is meant by "in-app item library". Can someone please clarify?

From an iPad or Android Tablet

1. Go to your in-app item library and tap Gift Cards.
  2. Swipe or enter the gift card number.
  3. The gift card balance should be shown at the top next to the gift card number.
  4. You can leave the screen or load more value on this gift card.

Never mind... I figured it out right after I posted this. 

Message 3 of 24
Admin

Hi @cloudandleaf, glad you got it sorted out! Please don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up. 🙏

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 24

When i goto gift cards on dashboard and enter the 4 numbers of gift card it says there are not any but im looking at the list below that has them listed 

will it not accept just 4 numbers??

the pan suffix numbers is what im reffering to? 

Jada Oneill
Message 5 of 24
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Jadaoneill 👋 Thanks for reaching out!

Hmmm... the PAN (last 4) search should help you locate your Gift Card. Sounds very strange. Is it possible that you may have more than one account with Square?

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 24

No I don’t have more than one account business account with square

Jada Oneill
Message 7 of 24

If I go to my dashboard click on gift cards scroll down to the link place enter four numbers it says there are no items and I’m testing it I know there is a gift card number in there and I tested those numbers and it won’t pull it up even though I know it’s there

Jada Oneill
Message 8 of 24

EEAE2F0D-72D2-48C8-BB36-B817F1CD16C2.png

Jada Oneill
Message 9 of 24

• Hey how did you figure it out because I’m having the same problem I entered for numbers and it said there’s no items in the
Jada Oneill
Message 10 of 24

I have had the same issue trying to find a balance on one client’s e-gift card and another client had a balance but didn’t have her# and hadn’t linked her name to it. The first client has 3 e-gift cards on file and they only show the last 4 digits. You SHOULD be able to just tap the line and have it display the full number with remaining balancing straight from the payment app but apparently that is too much to ask from Square. I have requested this in surveys but nothing has come of it. square customer service did say if you don’t have the full # then you have to go online into your dashboard look it up by purchase date or receipt # then email it to your customer (or to yourself which will then have the full card# and balance). WAY TOO MUCH WORK to find something as simple as a card balance especially if the client has the card on file already.

Message 11 of 24

What if client can't find gift card number?

Message 12 of 24
Alumni

Hi @Pamiam - You can search for the eGift Card sale by:

1. Filtering the transaction search by item > enter eGift Card.
  2. Searching the receipt number from the eGift Card’s purchase.
  3. Searching using the last 4 digits of the eGift Card or payment card.

Once you’ve located the transaction, select it and click the blue eGift Card number in the transaction details.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 13 of 24

Is there any way that in a future update we can just click on the "gift card on file" for the customer listing to check the balance that way? Most of my clientele have me do their transaction via that gift-card-on-file option so it would be nice to have a way to easily check their balance for them in that manner as well. We only see the last four numbers on our side.

Message 14 of 24
Admin

@yellowchairNC Thanks for sharing this feature request, I can see how it would help! I'll share your feedback with the Gift Card team. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 15 of 24

I would like a feature to easily check e gift card balances when I or the client does NOT know the e gift card number. Say someone linked the gift card to their phone number but are gifting it to someone else, currently I am only allowed to see the last 4 numbers, therefore unable to manually plug numbers into the gifted clients account during checkout. Frustrating. 

Message 16 of 24

Yes this! How can I check the balance of an E gift card already linked to a customers file? They don’t know the gift card number only the last four that are displaying

Message 17 of 24
Alumni

@SMW - If your customer doesn't know the full card number, you'll need to search the original egift card purchase as Puka mentioned above. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Message 18 of 24

But there are 3 one is a gift from a relative and two from a friend and they don’t know when it was purchased exactly. Is there an easier way??

Message 19 of 24
Alumni

@SMW,

Hi there! Just stepping in to answer your last question. Currently, there is no way to search for a gift card linked to a customer, unless the card was attached to your customer profile as a valid card on file. It might be a bit of a manual process depending on the number of transactions you have, but you would definitely have to look through each transaction individually. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 20 of 24

as with all the other requests i have seen made for logical, needed features on square, it has been ignored for years and will never, ever be added

Message 21 of 24