x

How can my Canadian customer enter their card information for a US-based invoice?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Receiving payment from Canada

I sent a Invoice to a Canada Client and she has not been able to pay via Square. How can I collect payment from Canada? I am expanding my businss and this is needed. 

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @AmyLanning thanks for posting! 🙂

Your Canadian customer should be able to enter their card information regardless of the postal code. Let's try having your customer enter 5 zeros (00000) in the postal code field in lieu of the postal code. Though this may not always help, we have seen some merchants have success.

If that doesn't work (it almost always does), you can process international cards manually as well. 

@dianeg6870 I hope this helps you as well. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Hey @dianeg6870! That's odd. 🤔 You're definitely able to send invoices internationally. The only exception to this would be if you're outside of the country in which you created your account.

Do you know what error message your customer is seeing when they try to pay the invoice?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 8

Hi Diane were you able to receive payment from your customer in Canada? We are currently experiencing something similar. We use the web square, and emailed the invoice from Square to our client, who then said because he's in Canada he can't pay because he can't enter the zip code. I don't know what it looks like on their end, but I am curious to see how you resolved this.

Thank you,

Amy 

Message 3 of 8

Best Answer

Hey @AmyLanning thanks for posting! 🙂

Your Canadian customer should be able to enter their card information regardless of the postal code. Let's try having your customer enter 5 zeros (00000) in the postal code field in lieu of the postal code. Though this may not always help, we have seen some merchants have success.

If that doesn't work (it almost always does), you can process international cards manually as well. 

@dianeg6870 I hope this helps you as well. 

AshleyK
Message 4 of 8

Hi, 

We are a US vendor and when a customer can't pay via check or wire, we use Square.com to send over an invoice and allow the customer to pay via credit card from their computer or phone. We have a customer in Canada who seems to think because he doesn't have a Zip Code that is able to be entered into the site, then he can't pay. Can anyone tell me how to assist the customer with making his payment?

Thank you,

Amy 

Message 5 of 8

Hey again! I merged your post with an existing one in which I was able to answer your question. Let me know how else I can help!

AshleyK
Message 6 of 8

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Canadian client unable to pay in voice will not allow address

Our company is headquartered in New Jersey USA. We have forted an invoice for payment to a client in Canada who States that there unable to use avian voice because they do not have a zip code and square is not accepting the address.Heads anyone else had this situation if so please advise how to rectify

Message 7 of 8
Alumni

Hey @NJLegal - welcome to the Seller Community 👋

I've moved your post over to this thread so you can take a look at @AshleyK's Best Answer here. This should get you where you need to be!

Valentina
Message 8 of 8