x

How do I close out end of day on my new square register?

We are a brand new square user and would like assistance in closing out our end of day. Does anyone have a direction that they can point us for assistance? 

Thank you in advance for your help! 

Message 1 of 6
2 Best Answers
Super Seller

Best Answer

what does close out at end of the day mean to you?  there aren't any closing of credit card batches or end of day reports you need to run.  Everything is done automatically.  About the only thing you manually have to do is close the cash drawer if you are using cash drawer management

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @bekind! Thanks for reaching out to us here on this thread! Happy to have you as part of the Community! 👋

There is some verbiage here that we may need to get specific clarity on. Are you looking for information for close of day in regards to reporting, cash drawer management, or with your deposit Transfers?

Any specific details you are looking for would be very helpful in providing a tailored answer!

I will keep an eye out for your response!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Best Answer

what does close out at end of the day mean to you?  there aren't any closing of credit card batches or end of day reports you need to run.  Everything is done automatically.  About the only thing you manually have to do is close the cash drawer if you are using cash drawer management

Message 2 of 6

Does this apply to Restaurants Free as well? The batch and sales for the day automatically close out at a certain time every night? So when you open the next day, the sales from yesterday are not active in the system anymore?

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @bekind! Thanks for reaching out to us here on this thread! Happy to have you as part of the Community! 👋

There is some verbiage here that we may need to get specific clarity on. Are you looking for information for close of day in regards to reporting, cash drawer management, or with your deposit Transfers?

Any specific details you are looking for would be very helpful in providing a tailored answer!

I will keep an eye out for your response!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6
Alumni

Welcome @Zoeyjune1 👋

Hope @VanKalkerFarms answered your question! He's a very helpful seller around here 👏

Message 5 of 6

I am curious how at business open (ex: 1pm 8/27) it shows that the drawer has been started at what looks like is the time that the previous day sales finalize and report.  (ex: 12:05am 8/27) the Cash drawer history reports show opening and closing times that are not within attended business hrs. 

Message 6 of 6