x

Payroll/Direct Deposit No way to see employee's info?

How can I look at direct deposit info without changing it? The only option I see under Direct Deposit Details is "Change Bank Account". But I may not need to change anything. I have an employee who claims they didn't receive their DD, so I just want to check her bank info to make sure it's correct. If I click on Change Bank Account, I have no way of knowing if the original bank info was correct or not. In other words, I could just be entering the same info and not solved the problem. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @GeorgeX 

When you go into Payroll Team, and click on and individual person, it should show you the last 3 digits of the account that they set up Direct Deposit with in that box. 

For privacy and safety reasons, it doesn't give you their full account number, since that could be used for nefarious purposes.

If the employee logs into their account, it should show them more information, including what Bank it is.

If they're not receiving their direct deposits after the designated period of time, I would recommend you or the the employee contact Square Support directly to figure out what's going on.

I hope this helps,

Pesso

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the response. I understand privacy/security, but isn't that already in place by requiring a log-in just to get into my payroll account? Anyway, I'll tell my employee to log in and check the routing and account #'s as a first step. Thanks again!

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller Alumni

@GeorgeX 

Logging in is protecting it from everyone else, sure.

But having that information hidden from the business owner is to protect the employee's privacy. 

Business owners having access to every employee's full banking information could be pretty dangerous and used improperly, and their account info definitely needs to be protected.

I know that I definitely wouldn't want an employer of mine to see my full bank account number and routing number if it could be avoided.

No problem - I hope that it works out!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 4 of 4