x

How do I enable sound tones when scanning items in and cashing out?

Hi, Im coming over from another softare product. Currently every time I scan an item with my barcode scanner I get an audible beep to confirm the item has been read and added to the current transaction. Also, when I cash out the transaction I hear and audible "cha-ching" like an old cash register telling me the sale has been completed. Is there a way to turn on such audible confirmation tones in Square? Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller Alumni

I know there is no sound for the completion of the sale but I use a socket Bluetooth scanner and it beeps when a scan is confirmed.  Don't know if all the scanners do that.

Message 2 of 6

Hi, RHatch, while the Socket scanner does make a sound itself when it reads a barcode, there is no sound made by the square software to indicate that an item has actually been added to your current check. My last software would make 2 seperate sounds coming from the ipad, one for when an item was recognized and a different sound for when an item was not recognized. With Sqaure I have no idication either way if the scanned item registered, hence my desire to have such a tone from the Square software played over the ipad speakers. I wish there was a way to turn on such sounds. Thanks, Rick

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller Alumni

That's could be a good feature for some.   Know that if it scans and the upc is not found in square it will pop up with a warning,  so there shouldn't be any errors or missed items.  We haven't had any issues, unless it is just not scanned to begin with.

Message 4 of 6

While there is a warning that pops up when a barcode is not recognized, the barcode scanner still makes the same tone. So you can’t ring items by sound. You must be watching the iPad to make sure everything gets entered. It’s nice to be able to ring items away from the iPad. It’s not a deal breaker but maybe an idea for the future. Many employees do better with more than one sense being notified. 

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

@Graftondist, thanks for the posts - good to know this is something you'd be interested in! 

Message 6 of 6