x

How do I give access to someone to set up my modifiers, items etc for restaurant

I want to hire someone on Fiverr to set up my items, modifiers etc. for my restaurant but i'm worried they will also get access to my financial and customer information.  How can I have someone access to items etc but not my financial and customer information?

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hello @haris84 !

That's going to be a little bit tough to be honest. You can create a permission set that can restrict a lot of the viewable information for your business, but I don't think that you can completely block everything from their eyes. I'm no attorney, but I believe you could have them sign some type of NDA so they are legally bound to not disclose what they see. Your best bet there is to ask an attorney about what you can and can't do there.

If the person is really good at Square and its item library, you could export your item library to an excel spreadsheet (Web Dashboard -> Items -> Actions Button -> Export), but they have to build the library exactly how Square expects to see it when you import the changes or it will fail.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Square Champion: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hello @haris84 !

That's going to be a little bit tough to be honest. You can create a permission set that can restrict a lot of the viewable information for your business, but I don't think that you can completely block everything from their eyes. I'm no attorney, but I believe you could have them sign some type of NDA so they are legally bound to not disclose what they see. Your best bet there is to ask an attorney about what you can and can't do there.

If the person is really good at Square and its item library, you could export your item library to an excel spreadsheet (Web Dashboard -> Items -> Actions Button -> Export), but they have to build the library exactly how Square expects to see it when you import the changes or it will fail.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Square Champion: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 2