x

How do I set up employees to accept POS payments using our account?

Hello, Square Community.

We do Farmers' Markets.

How do I set up my employees to have limited access to our Square account, so that they can receive POS payments yet not have access to data and other Square functions?

And would this require that I provide an in-house cellular devices? Or can this be accomplished using the sellers personal phones?

Thanks in advance!

Will

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Hi there @willbrokaw - sounds like your business is a perfect fit for Team Management! There are a variety of different ways you could potentially use this, and one of them will achieve exactly what you are wanting to do. 

For starters, take a look at this overview of the different features. Based on what you've told us so far, it sounds like you want all of your employees to have access to the same kinds of info/abilities. If that's the case, you would not need Team Plus, just Team Management. You'll also be able to set it up so that your employees can use their own personal devices to accept payments on your behalf! We call this Mobile Point of Sale, and it will allow your employees to sign in to the Square app using their own email and password on their own device.

We have a very in-depth explanation and step-by-step guides to help you set things up, but please reach out if you need help! If you start scratching your head while reading through, that's what we're here for - call us and we'll take care of you.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

I want my guys to be able to use their phones to collect payment on the site after each job. How do I give them access to do so without them seeing whats in the account?

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @vtech,

I moved your post to an existing thread where the same question was answered.

Check out @Valentina_'s post above. 

Ashley C
Message 4 of 6

We are a Lions club selling Christmas trees. We work 2 shifts M-F and 3 shifts on the weekend. We don't have designated Cashiers. How best to give access to those serving in that job? 

I need to train 35 people in the use of the Terminal, too. I can see doing everything except actually creating a sale. Any suggestions to make it work reasonably smoothly?

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Lion_John_M and welcome to the Community. 

I moved your post to an existing thread that goes over how you can set up employees to take payments on your behalf.

Team Management would cost monthly with this many employees unless you made one universal employee login for the free option. 

The free option is limited in features but if you're just looking for something they can take sales on with a separate login from your main login for security purposes I'd recommend this.

Ashley C
Message 6 of 6