How do you change your business name

Message 1 of 11
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How do you change your business name

From your Square Dashboard:

Choose Account & Settings

Under Business choose Business Information

Input your new name in the 1st Basic Information box and as you scroll all the way down you can input further changes.

10 REPLIES 10

From your Square Dashboard:

Choose Account & Settings

Under Business choose Business Information

Input your new name in the 1st Basic Information box and as you scroll all the way down you can input further changes.

Message 2 of 11

I don't have a "Business Information" under the Business heading.

Message 3 of 11

Then what do you have @pvc? From my Dashboard, when I hit Account & Settings, I see the following options: Account, Business and Square Accessories.  Under my Business heading it says,

Business Information

Pricing & Services

Receipt

Tax Forms

Devices

That's the only place I see to change your Business Info. If you don't have that then I'm at a loss.

Message 4 of 11

Hm. Thanks for you help, but we also do not have "Business' listed in Accounts and Settnigs.

Message 5 of 11

I take that back- we have a Busiiness section in Accounts and Settings, but not a 'Business Info'.

Message 6 of 11
Square

@PerrysWaterfron - So sorry about the confusion. Things are a little different since multiple locations is enabled for you account. I think this screenshot will help. 😀

Screen_Shot_2016-07-13_at_11_38_19_AM.jpg

Also, don't forget to save your changes afteward!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 7 of 11

Hi I was wondering if my old square chip magstripe  reader would work for a new business that I have started? I just don’t want the old business in the new business attached in anyway through the card reader  and don’t want to pay for a new chip/magstripe reader if I don’t have to. 

Message 8 of 11
Super Seller

Your card reader will work fine and is not connected to your old account or any account for that matter.  It is tied to whatever account is signed in on your device, so if you have a new account it will then go to that if that is what you are signed in with.

Message 9 of 11

The company name on our invoice is not spelled correctly. How do I change it?

Message 10 of 11
Square

Check out the information above to update your business name. 

Message 11 of 11