x

How to Create/Schedule Appointments on an Hourly Basis (for Services with Multiple Hours)

Hello, fellow sellers. After searching for hours, I could not figure out how to create appointments for my recording studio. (Even after scrolling through tons of threads here on the Seller Community). I was going to leave Square because it lacks the ability to book services on a customized hourly basis. For example, if a client wants to book a session for 2 hrs, 3hrs, etc. the feature does not exist. I would have to make the appointment for them, which just defeats the whole purpose of a client booking system, if you ask me.

However, I think I may have found a fix, for those of you who want to continue using Square. It's not the most ideal, but it should work out. Just follow the steps below. 

1) Create a Service and Add Variations in one hour increments until you reach the desired amount. Name each variation by the amount of duration. (Don't forget to adjust the durations and prices.)

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 11.58.05 PM.png

  

2) Test it out on your booking site. It should look like this:

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 11.09.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 12.07.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 11.10.13 PM.png

And voila! I hope this helped.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Alumni

Wow @Viviana951

Thank you so much for sharing this walkthrough of your solution to create or schedule Appointments on an hourly basis, for services with multiple hours.

I'm sure this will help others looking to offer the same options for their clients! 

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

OMGGGGG!!!! You are a God send!!!! I was sitting here wrecking my brain on how to make this platform work for my party bus rental company!!!! BLESSINGS TO YOU for this!!!

Message 3 of 3