x

How to get a machine to keep in one place?

Why do I have to charge people 3.5% on sales and some people do not when you use the square?How do I get a machine to keep in one place other then the phone App ?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original by a Community Moderator to help with searching threads. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Beta Member

Hi, 

The register is an amazing product. Keep in place.  And use the terminal for mobile payments

Message 2 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @4crystal - 

There will always be fees charged whenever taking card payments no matter which piece of hardware you use to collect your payments. 

Are you looking to add a surcharge or service fee, so the processing fees would go to the customer's payment? 

Also, if you're looking to get a different piece of Square Hardware - I would recommend taking a look at our Square Shop. You will see all of the options we offer and be able to pick what fits for your business. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions, I am happy to circle back. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

No matter what you use to take a Credit Card sale you have fees.  If you have a Card Reader these fees are less than what you're stating.  The rate you are stating is the Card not present rate, when you actually type in the card numbers, expiration date etc.  

To find out more on rate you can read this:

https://squareup.com/us/en/pricing 

I was using a Square POS app on my Tablet with the Magnetic and with a wireless Card reader attached.  Those rates were in line with the above attached article and not the 3.5% you stated.  The problem with this was entering the sale on an old register then entering the sale on the Tablet.   2 problems here, extra numbers on the sale, wrong numbers entered etc.   The other issue was everything is a custom sale then.

Solution was I got a Square Stand with a built in Mag reader and connected a Wireless Bluetooth reader.  I have not looked back and the system works great.

I also noticed someone like the Square Register, my suggestion would be to compare these two on your own or ask questions in these forums about them.  There are some things I found I would prefer from the register over the Stand, and vice versa.  

To find out more and what Hardware Square has Available you can go here:

https://squareup.com/us/en/hardware 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 4