x

Itemized deposit

I’d love it if there was a report for each deposit amount.  To show the following:

item sold quantity and dollar amt

tax 

square fee

i use quickbooks and trying to categorize these is a complete NIGHTMARE 

I’d like to be able to reconcile each deposit to my bank account and be able to tell exactly what it was for. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Hi @Escustombakes.  There is no standard report that will give you this information.  I could help you (probably) come up with a work-around — either using Square Custom Reports, or using a spreadsheet report.  First, I need a clarification:

You would like to see a report in this format, correct?

———————————

item name, quantity, gross sales

etc.

Total sales tax for deposit

Total Square fees for deposit

———————————

If that’s correct, and you want me to help you figure out a custom report, let me know.

In the meantime, you can also submit a feature request here. Give the product team all of the information you need, and see if they feel it is something they want to add to their roadmap.  That, of course, will not be a quick thing.

Regards,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 5
Super Seller

@TheRealChipA ;

I actually have made a report like that using Power Query in Excel.  I use it on my desktop, the problem I have is when I try to share it with someone my Links get broken.  

I have a Folder on my desktop called Square.  I save two Transaction csv files to it.  Then I open Excel hit refresh and the Two CSV files get merged automatically.  

I would share my Power Query File with you but, I have found out when I move it from my Laptop to my Desktop or vise versa the links get broken even when both Desktop and Laptop have the Square Folder on the Desktop.

I am thinking the links get broken because one Desktop is for User X and the other Desktop is for User Y.   

If this Excel File were sent to you, could you figure out the Power Query files to build reports for others?

I know enough with Spreadsheets to be dangerous and not always in a good way    lol.

At least this way you have a formula or way to calculate what this person is looking for with a CSV file.  I just do not know if there is a way to see what Power Query is doing in the background  for calculations etc, or if you know a way to actually use my calculations with your own files, and then be able to help others.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

Definitely, @Candlestore.  Send that to me, and I’ll look at it on my Windows laptop.  I’m betting you are correct in your suspicion.  I need to get more familiar with Power Query, anyway.  It would probably save me a lot of steps I do every time something like this comes up with massaging CSVs.  I’m sending you a PM with my email address.  Thanks!

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 4 of 5
Super Seller

@TheRealChipA   You are welcome.

And I will send over my excel file tonight when I get home.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 5 of 5