x

How to view inventory but not allow editing?

How can I make it that my employees view the amount of inventory for a specific item, WITHOUT having permission to edit it?

Is there a way to change the edit button where instead of seeing items AND being able to edit, we can chose either or?

This would be useful for employees when making a sale to see the amount of inventory a certain item has. 

This was mentioned before, but I was wondering if this has been updated. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

Hey @printgraphics - I'm afraid there isn't a permission that only allows the employee to see stock amounts without being able to edit items. Think of the Edit Items, Taxes, and Inventory permission as all-or-nothing setting and cannot get more granular. 

I do see how having more customizable options for Team Permissions are beneficial for your biz and we're always working to make them stricter and more layered. We'll follow up with you here if anything changes! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

Our business needs this option as well, I can't imagine any retail store not needing this feature?

Message 3 of 7

We need that functionality as well, it is very hard to have dual control when you have to give employees permission to do all or nothing.  Is there a way that an employee would have to have an override to do that function?

Message 4 of 7
Super Seller

I think all retail businesses would need this, let sales associate see if item is in stock and the quantity in stock without being able to add or subtract item counts.  Sales associates need this information to see if they can sell XXX items but only have XX in stock.  

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 5 of 7

Hey Keith, fancy seeing you here 🤣

@JustinC  any update in this area of concern?

Message 6 of 7
Super Seller

@TheBurrow ;

I do not know of an update on this.  I like the idea for when I have employees but right now we are all family at my business so we are not as concerned about this right now.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 7 of 7