x

If I cancel an invoice will it prevent the customer from processing their credit card on their end?

If I cancel an invoice will it prevent the customer from processing their credit card on their end?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

@CDC Great question! Also welcome to the Seller Community. 🎊 🎉

So when you cancel an invoice the customer will not be able to enter their card information. If they click on the "Pay Invoice" button they will just see a copy of the statement. 

If you cancel the invoice, you will be given the option to notify the customer of the cancelation. This will send the customer a separate email with the canceled statement. 

Please reply back if you have any other questions! 😀

Message 2 of 4

Hey! I had a few incoices hat I sent out to customers and I never changed the "due date" so they became OVERDUE since I had the option as upon receipt. So I cancelled the invoice thinking they would delete off my page. Now on my Regions account- it's saying "Purchase Return". I need this money for the items people bought. What do I do??

Message 3 of 4

@emilyleber I know nothing about a "Regions account" but I do know about cancelling an overdue invoice.  You will need to create a new invoice and start over if you cancelled it.  If your invoice is linked to another "Regions?" account -- is it possible your other account believes it is returned because it was deleted -- a false positive? My GUESS is that nothing was returned nor was anything paid.  You will need to start the transaction over from the beginning.  
If you are unsure of my advise, the square support team can liaison between you and your client direct.  I would give them a call if you believe a transaction has been cancelled resulting in funds being returned. My "best guess" is -- this is NOT the case.  

For future referance, you are able to update the invoice and edit due date and other features.  It will prompt you to "resend to client" or you can opt out and simply update the invoice.  Hope this helps.  Cheers.

Message 4 of 4