x
Square

Square Invoice Update - Modifiers

You asked, we listened. Square Invoices now supports item-level modifiers and notes! If you need customizable options for your Invoice items – makes/models, add-ons, or special requests – create item modifiers. These will now automatically show up in the invoices for you and your buyers.

To configure these modifiers and add notes for your items:

1. Create a new invoice and add an item that has a modifier (to learn how to add modifiers to your items, click here). Choose Item.png
  2. If you don't see a popup window automatically appear with customization options for your item, click on the Customize button next to the item.Click Customize.png
  3. Select the appropriate modifier details, add notes about the item that you want your buyer to see, and select the correct tax rates for that item. Click Add.Customize Item.png
  4. Enter the quantity of the items that your buyer has purchased, and fill out the rest of the invoice details. Click on the > next to your item to see all of your configured details.Send Invoice.png
  5. Once you create your invoice, you can view the same details from your invoices list in the Square Dashboard or through the email notifications that get sent to you and your buyers.Sent Confirmation.png

Invoice Email.png

We hope our latest update helps you get the most from Square! You can keep up with all of our latest releases by subscribing for email updates. Please enjoy, and don’t hesitate to start a new thread if you have additional questions or feedback.

See you next time!

Kelly and The Square Invoices Team

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Really like this new feature. Please keep up the good work. We need this on the register as well. It would be nice if all of the many systems had standard and universal settings. Great first step. Thank you!

Message 2 of 4

Is there any chance the invoice feature including modifiers will be available from the register any time soon, so you don't have to recreate invoices in the invoice module each time?

Message 3 of 4
Square

@mchmarty - While I can't speak to feature product releases, I think this would definitely be a great feature addition! I'll be sure to pass along the suggestion. 🙂

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 4 of 4