x

Is there a way to let customers choose a service duration?

Hi, I offer a rental service and I would like for the customer to choose how long their event is so I can know when to setup/pickup. Is there an option like this? 

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

I don't think that there is a way that they can choose a certain set of times, unless specified by you first in the service.

With that being said, I'm not trying to tell you how to run your business but these are my suggestions, based on my local companies that do rentals for tents/slides/equipment.

Service Option 1- All rentals are based on a 24 hour period.

Service Option 2- Min. 4,6 or 8, our rental 

I guess if it were me, I would personally just do the 24 hour rental, once your time in setting it up and taking down is figured in, I wouldn't want Tina from down the road only renting it for one hour, when it will cost me and additional hour to set it up and take it down. Again just a suggestion, sometimes when you give customers an inch they take a mile. Cheers

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Best Answer

I don't think that there is a way that they can choose a certain set of times, unless specified by you first in the service.

With that being said, I'm not trying to tell you how to run your business but these are my suggestions, based on my local companies that do rentals for tents/slides/equipment.

Service Option 1- All rentals are based on a 24 hour period.

Service Option 2- Min. 4,6 or 8, our rental 

I guess if it were me, I would personally just do the 24 hour rental, once your time in setting it up and taking down is figured in, I wouldn't want Tina from down the road only renting it for one hour, when it will cost me and additional hour to set it up and take it down. Again just a suggestion, sometimes when you give customers an inch they take a mile. Cheers

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 2 of 3

I know this is kinda old but you can do a combo. You setup variations and that can change the duration/cost for the client. From there add in a block time after buffer to include break down and setup time so when someone else books in same day you have the buffer you need to transport to the next place. Also you can put in a stipulation about the amount of lead time a client needs to book so you dont have any add ons that will be hard to cover. Also if you have it to only book on the hour you dont get technical 15 minute late issues. From there I would also include in the notes for booking to choose the time that the client needs to setup (recommend 1hr or whatever setup time is) prior to the event. But to be on the safe side I would only offer this if you have 2 of a setup. Its too contingent for a 1 of 1 situation.

Message 3 of 3