x

Tracking online store visitors

I searched this topic and saw that there were a few answers in 2016.  One said that the development team would look into this topic.

Am wondering if anything has happend in the past 2 years.  It would be extremely help to know if anyone and how many were visit one's store and which products they were looking at.

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @jedwinjed

Currently this feature request is not on our road map. Although you might be interested in one of our E-commerce partners. I know that you can add Google Analytics to Weebly! Also the Woocomerce integration is now free! It used to cost $80 dollars a year. 

Message 2 of 9

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.  I'm confused about using Woo.  I went to the site and I think I also have to sign up with Wordpess.  Is that right?  Also, it seems using Woo I'd be creating a store there?  But I already have a store on Square.  So can you refer me to more detailed info on how all this works and pricing?  Would appreciate that.

Message 3 of 9

You've got that right @jedwinjed! You would create a WordPress website and then use the WooCommerce plugin to accept payments. I think the cheapest integration option for WordPress is $8 dollars a month for a year. 

You would be creating a new store to integrate with Google Analytics. This is one of the ways you could track visitors to your site, since the Square Online Store does not have this capability. 

Message 4 of 9

Thanks for the quick reply.   Since I prefer having a Square online store, I will stick to what I have.  Appreciate your help.

Message 5 of 9
Beta Member

Hi everyone I know this topic is old but still quite new to many of us. Recently is seems Square has done away with the basic demographics telling us how many people were visiting the Square site(s) that we have. I realize we can insert code and read this data from links we may have to any other sites we have, however for the average shop keeper this is quite a task to decide upon and keep up with. And even if they do that, it does NOT tell us who and how many are visiting the initial Square site of ours, so that we can plan according. It would only report on who has clicked on a link to one of our Square sites which would then do the reporting per our programming, telling us who 'clicked through' to our non-square site. As far as adding code and purchasing other 'plugins', I think that is ok for us who are more apt in that, but definitely not for the average simple small shop owner who just wants to know if people are initially visiting the Square site, or not. Thanks, John

~ Words.. They are everything..
Message 6 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for your feedback @Halvy

Posting here in our Seller Community is helpful as our product team can see what’s needed and work towards improving our services. However, for all websites, we suggest using Google Analytics as this will provide you with the best data/results. 

Have a good day.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 7 of 9
Beta Member

Hi Sayra and thank you soo much for your kind response. I will report back here if and when I decide to embed code into my Square site, similar to a web-page-counter but with more details  and an explanation on 'how-I-did-it'. I do NOT use Google voluntarily. I was dismayed to read the Square documentation on all of this (reporting) found here: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6948-insights, where it says .." Using advanced reporting requires an upgrade on your Square Online site.".. This implies there is a basic reporting feature, when there is NOT.
John

~ Words.. They are everything..
Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

@Halvy, I can see how this can cause some confusion. I'll see what we can do to get this article to provide more clarity. 

Thanks. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 9 of 9