x

Is there a way to print the transfer summary report like the old deposit report?

Before deposits were changed to transfers, I could print the deposit report which would give me a description of each transaction included in the deposit.  Now that transfer report "pops-out" to the side and when I right click to print, it looks like a screen capture instead of a report, and does not print well.  Is there a way to get to this report and print it like I used to be able to?

Message 1 of 30
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

From the Transfer Reports screen, you can click Export in the upper right hand corner and export a report of all transfers in the time frame you have selected.  It will show every charged/debited transaction's detail for you.

Judy T Shumway

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

From the Transfer Reports screen, you can click Export in the upper right hand corner and export a report of all transfers in the time frame you have selected.  It will show every charged/debited transaction's detail for you.

Judy T Shumway
Message 2 of 30

I can't find any "transfers" report

Message 3 of 30
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @scholarshipLC - @GlassJudy has linked the Transfers Report in the post above, but we've linked it here for you just in case. 

Let us know if anything else comes up! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 30

Per the link above you reference:  I  don't want to export all of that data that comes with the export reports.: just the qwik summary that used to display, with all the transactions/tranfers for the day, and the total fees charged - for 1 easy print out.  I can't find it now -  Have you discontinued it? 

Message 5 of 30
Admin

Hey @ACE-Store! If you prefer to print out your transfer reports rather than exporting it, you can try printing the page out from your browsers:

I hope this will help! 

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 6 of 30

i don't have a problem printing at all - i have a problem with the change report and what was eliminated by Sq.  - Ii don't want to export a report with 90% information I don't want...   Just the simple transactions report,  where it shows the $transaction amount , amount deposited  and the Square fee.  this report is the same as the deposit.  Very easy to reconcile. For some reason it has been discontinued.  Now i have to go to two different screens to print the info, it's a waste of paper - time consuming.  Please keep it simple.  Return that report. Many of us will thank you for that.

Message 7 of 30
Admin

I just want to make sure I understand the issue correctly as it'll help me check if there's a workaround available and flag this as a feature request to our team as well.

Currently, you should be able to see a breakdown for each transfer from Balance > View all transfers on your Square Dashboard. Each reports will include your gross sales (what you collected), total fees charged, and what was actually transferred. When you scroll down, there should be a further breakdown of all the different transactions that were included in the transfer.

Screenshot 2021-08-10 at 15.10.06.png

Is there anything in this report that's missing/not what you need? 

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 8 of 30

To TRA and anyone else wishing to print the former transaction detail reports corresponding to the bank deposits: 

This is my go around and have the reports that I want showing the transactions and payments in the transfer (Plus fees) for that particular transfer that is actually deposited into the bank account.  Now I can  match those transactions to my actual sales receipts. 

From the Square Dashboard Home Page:

• SELECT  Balance
  • HIGHLIGHT AND SELECT  Your store location
  • SELECT  View all Transfers
  • SCROLL through the dates to view the report date(s)  you want to print.  You may see two transactions for a particular day if it is a weekend or holiday.  Each of those transactions is a transfer to your bank account.

sq 1.JPG

• SELECT THE TRANSACTION:  You want to view 
  • THE TRANSFER REPORT WILL APPEAR.  This shows each individual sale  for the day summary AND DETAIL to match up to sales receipts,  It shows the total fee deducted and the actual deposit amount.  

This is the report that our company was needing and looking for.  

I truly hope this helps those of you looking for this similar report print out. 

Message 9 of 30

Thank you for sharing this workaround, @ACE-Store

Message 10 of 30

When I do this, it does not show the fees and taxes, just the total amount batched.  

Message 11 of 30
Super Seller

@alohaAlabamaBbq ;

From the Square Dashboard go to: https://squareup.com/dashboard/balances 

Then select the Location of the store you want the details for

Then select View ALL transfers

Then select the Date or Dates you want the information for

On this screen you will have each date and Balance transfer  amount with an arrow

If you select a Date, then another screen will pop up and you can scroll down to see the fees etc. your are seeking

This will just show on the screen and there is no print option just export, I usually export everything to CSV and import it to QuickBooks.  For some reason what you see on the screen as nicely formatted in Square can not be printed that way unless maybe you print from your web browser or do a PrtSc and send that to a photo editor.  

Square just exports everything as csv and then you have to try to rearrange the csv data to print out nicely.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 12 of 30

I want to see who has made sales.  Can I get that information?

Message 13 of 30

I agree with you @ACE-Store. I don't want to export, just be able to print the deposit report the way it use to be. Hopefully they will hear our request and change it back.

Message 14 of 30

Please show the steps to get to the report without clicking on the link

Message 15 of 30

What happened?  can't find the reports i used to print. I would like to print the (total) daily transfer report for the day, not each one individually -  Also the total fees charged.  Where is the old report ?- Not preferring to export a file - just want to view and print it from my dashboard.  Please list the steps to do this.   

Message 16 of 30

I dont have a transfer button on my balance screen.  so how do i get a report of my transfers?

Message 17 of 30

How do I run a report on all the instant and not instant transfers, as well as the fees charged?

Message 18 of 30

Hi @melzzeey - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I merged your post with a thread containing the best answer to your question from GlassJudy and explains how to run a report of your transfers, including fees.  

I hope this information is helpful but please let us know if you have any additional questions. Always happy to help! 😊

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 19 of 30

none of these steps help.

I just need a monthly list of daily deposits, not each day individually. 

suggesting a screenshot is by far unbelievable.

you have had plenty of time I see by the beginning of this thread to fix this on your webpage.

and now it's tax season, and this is just another stress.;(

Message 20 of 30
Super Seller

@christyinks :

Which Tax reporting software do you use?  I have found Transaction Pro Importer https://www.transactionpro.com/  to be useful for importing into QuickBooks for a one time fee of $200 or $300 depending on what you need instead of the monthly fees through other 3rd parties.  You can import all transactions and fees associated with Square by downloading the CSV files and letting the software  know how QuickBooks will handle the data.  I was using CSV2QBO by Moneythumb but you can no longer by that program. They sold it to Propersoft which there pricing is here: Pricing Page

Propersoft has pricing from $19.99 a month to $199 yearly subscription or a 1 time fee of about $150.   Propersoft imports to Quickbooks, Quicken, MS Money and other.   I would email them if yours is other.

Since I used CSV2QBO and Transaction Pro Importer for my Square sales to QuickBooks desktop I can say that Transaction Pro Importer is better.  CSV2QBO only creates a QBO file which is like a banks file.  So I created a Bank "Square Sales" and import my Gross sales there with the Transaction Fee as a withdrawal.  Then when I import my banks Statement The Square Deposit transfers money from the "Square Sales" bank, this leaves either a $0.00 balance or the balance of the last days sales, since the deposit has not been received by my bank yet.  The Transaction Pro Importer can create files for importing each Item sold into QuickBooks as a sales Receipt, but then you have to do another import for the Square Fees separately with Transaction Pro Importer.  You would need to Import the Fee into QBs as a Merchant Account Fee or similar expense or Cost of Goods Sold.... I forget how I have it assigned.

Also Square does offer integrations for tax software here : app-marketplace/category/accounting-and-tax  

Just letting you know of these options for getting this information in to accounting software quicker then trying to play catch up now at tax time.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 21 of 30