x

Is there an immediate sales tax report with Square Point of Sale?

I will be attending a large tradeshow. The local taxing authority requires “on demand“ sales tax reports and immediate payment. Is there a report available?

Message 1 of 19
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

There sure is!  Go to your dashboard click on "Sales">"Taxes."  You can then set your date range.  See the pictures below.

Untitled.pngUntitled1.png

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

There sure is!  Go to your dashboard click on "Sales">"Taxes."  You can then set your date range.  See the pictures below.

Untitled.pngUntitled1.png

Message 2 of 19

The menu you show looks nothing like the one on my phone. Is there an updated version (as of 9/6/19)?

Message 3 of 19
Admin

Hello @VintageFox! ACACatering was signed in to their Dashboard from a computer and YES the layout of the Dashboard has changed slightly since then!

You should still be able to access the same information if you navigate to the Reports section of your online Square Dashboard.

It'll look like this:

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 19

my sales tax report doesn't look like the above screen shot.  it only lists WI but I have 3 different sales items setup for WI.  How do I get a breakdown of all 3 of the tax counties.

my tax report lists taxable sales, WI and total

my sales tax setup area lists tax - Milwaukee county, tax - Ozaukee County, Tax - Waukesha County.  I don't even have a tax item setup that says "WI" although all the taxes are in WI counties.

Message 5 of 19
Square Community Moderator

Hello, @AtoZdinners 

Your Sales Tax Report will only reflect the applicable Sales Taxes processed during the specified time period. If you filter by last year you will most likely see all the Sales Taxes that your charged during that time frame. 

The square Dashboard has gone through several updates since the screenshot was taken in 2018 so I wanted to make sure you had a direct link to the correct page where your report lives.

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 19

Where would I find what ive paids into taxes? Or do I have to wait until end of year?

Message 7 of 19

Hi @Flearamirez64,

I moved your post to an existing thread in the Community around tax reporting that you can view on the Dashboard.

Check out @ACAcatering 's answer above!

Ashley C
Message 8 of 19

How do I pull up a sales a tax report for all of last year. 

Message 9 of 19

Hey @Ce54940!

I merged your post with an existing thread on how to pull these reports.

Check out @ACAcatering 's answer above for more details.

Ashley C
Message 10 of 19
Beta Member

where I can find the annual report from square?

i need to deduct square on my tax report

Message 11 of 19

Hi @madeiraconstruc and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to one of the existing threads where this question has been answered.

All reports you can pull are available on the Online Dashboard under > Reports.

Ashley C
Message 12 of 19

How do I pull a report or view a breakdown for multiple sales tax rates? I would like to see a breakdown of sales tax collected and or total net sales for each tax rate that I have set up.  Example: Non-taxable, 5.5% and 7.5%.

Thanks to anyone who can offer assistance.

Message 13 of 19
Alumni

I merged your post to the thread you're looking for @BroncoBar

Justin
Message 14 of 19

We've pulled our tax report from Square, but since we have a Square Online Store where the sales tax is calculated automatically in the USA it only lists it as "New York" rather than a breakdown by county (you need both county and state for the state of NY). Is there a way to break this down without having to manually go through each sales transaction and figure it out for myself? Also, there's some listed simply as "Tax" which is not something that we've added in the settings, so not sure what tax that actually is... can anyone help?

Message 15 of 19
Admin

Hey @SSS2017! Welcome to the Seller Community 🎉

Where are you pulling this report? Within Square Online or are you going to the Transactions tab within the Square Dashboard? 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 16 of 19

We’re pulling it from the “Reports” tab in the Square Dashboard

Message 17 of 19

@SSS2017 I've merged this thread to another that should help answer your question. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions though. We can always clarify! 🙂

AshleyK
Message 18 of 19

Would it be possible for the mods to put a link to the threads they are merging questions to? I need a report for all the counties as well. Do I need to manually enter each different county and tax rate?

Message 19 of 19