x

Is there an option to add a tip when someone pays cash? Just for record purposes?

I don't see where you can add a tip when paying with cash. I'm not sure if there's a setting I need to turn on or if that just isn't an option.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

You are correct, cash tips will not have the option to be recorded in the Square Register app the same way that credit cards tips are. 

You can create a note to record the amount of the tip during the sale but it will not add to the total of the sale the same way that a credit card tip would. I think this is a great request and I'll pass it along to our Product Liaison Team! 

Message 2 of 8

This is about 2 years old and I still don't see a way to add tips to payment that isn't with a card. Can we get some action on this?

Message 3 of 8

Still looking for the ability to add a tip while recording a payment via cash or check!

Message 4 of 8
Alumni

@ask4adam  

We hear you! This is definitely a popular ask our Product Team is aware of and are diligently tracking. We'll let you know when a tip option for cash or check payments is developed here on this thread. 

Thanks for posting! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 8

Is there a solution yet?!

Message 6 of 8
Admin

Not quite @JamiHarvey, but thanks for checking in.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 7 of 8
Beta Member

Square, what is the deal? this feature request was request on this threat back in 2016 and here it is 2023 and that feature to allow tips when you accept a cash payment on the square retail app is still non-existent. How hard is it to get this coded into the app to allow this as the only way to do this right now is to log into the site and use a virtual terminal. This would be a great feature as I have had a number of customers give me tips from the cash they gave me from purchasing products and I just started not too long ago with square but your customers that use your product should have some voice in things otherwise it tells me that you don't care about making the experience better and you are letting your competitors walk over you with their features being heard. When is this going to be implemented?

Message 8 of 8