x

Issues with imports on the Connect to Square App in Quickbooks

Recently Quickbooks Online sent out a notification that the Sync with Square app would be replaced with the Connect to Square app. I made the transition to the new app, however there are several imports once or twice a week that do not import into Quickbooks. These are specifically for credit card transactions and they're not in the sales receipts. It's frustrating because I constantly have to double check with deposits and confirm the import is working correctly. This past weekend several deposits hit my account, but there is not a matching transcation imported from Square. I need to manually create these daily imports into my system, however when I contact Quickbooks I'm told I need to speak with Square, but when I contact Square I'm transferred to the Quickbooks help line. Is there a dedicated department who handles these types of questions?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

@thesodashacktx ;

You are not the only one that has run into this with the Quickbooks Integration.  I have read a lot about this and that the integration does not always work as expected like you have pointed out.  I started using Transaction Pro Importer ( transactionpro ) because it imports more than just from Square, it will import csv data from any source to Quickbooks. I use it to import both my Square sales data and my online sales data from a different webhost not connected with Square.  I use the Desktop version but they also have an Online version for QuickBooks Online.  The biggest advantage here is if you have a problem with Transaction Pro Importer you contact them and they help out no more of the, finger pointing from the two companies your trying to merge the data from and to.   Here is what my sales receipt looks like when I import a sales receipt to Quickbooks, I could also do this as a daily total instead but I chose this for each Transaction for better tracking and matching of each transaction with Square. Here is a link to another article I wrote message 12 of 15 shows what my imports to QuickBooks from Square look like :

online-quickbooks-and-square

Transaction pro imports all types of things to Quickbooks not just the daily sales.  Below is what all Transaction Pro can import to QuickBooks Online.

Import the Data Types You Use Most

• Import File Types

• Excel 2003 – Present including Excel 365 (.xls or .xlsx)
    • Comma-Separated Value (.csv)

• Transactions Supported

• Bank Statements
    • Bills
    • Bill Payments
    • Checks
    • Credit Card Charges
    • Credit Card Credits
    • Credit Memos
    • Deposits
    • Estimates
    • Invoices
    • Journal Entries
    • Purchase Orders
    • Purchases – Cash (Expenses)
    • Receive Payments
    • Refund Receipts
    • Sales Receipts
    • Time Activities
    • Transfers (Bank)
    • Vendor Credits

• Lists Supported

• Accounts
      • Classes
      • Customers
      • Employees
      • Locations
      • Products and Services
      • Vendors
Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 6
Super Seller

I too received the email to switch apps in Quickbooks. I did so and it's become a major mess and not working at all.

The first issue, is the set up did not work properly. I couldn't choose to group my transactions daily (by default it was going to individual transactions), I called Quickbooks to report this bug, they confirmed it wasn't working as it should and would reach out to Square developers. I have not heard anything since they filed that ticket.

Lastly, my daily deposits have stoped syncing to Square. Nothing matches up. It also shows that I made no revenue since the switch. It's not pulling in anything. Now I have to get my accountant involved to clean it all up. I wish I kept the old app 😞

Message 3 of 6

It's a total disgrace. Everyone is having issues with this new connect to square app and both quickbooks and square are totally inept at addressing the issues and leave their clients in the dark.  What a disgrace.  I hope someone starts a class action.

Message 4 of 6
Square Community Moderator

I am sorry to hear about this experience @Cecile1. Please understand that while our partnership with Quickbooks goes both ways all integrations are handled by the company that integrates with us. In this case, if you are experiencing issues with the Quickbooks integration then this would need to be escalated with Quickbooks and if they determine that the disruption is Square's responsibility, they would need to escalate this to use via their API departments. 

I hope this information is helpful.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 6

No. It is absolutely useless for your clients. And the fact you can't even see that is quite appalling.  We don't care who's fault it is between 2 big companies, we care about getting the service we are paying for.  And Square does advertise they integrate with Quickbooks as much as the other way around. Both companies should get their act together and figure out how to settle this between themselves once things are fixed for their clients.

Message 6 of 6