x

Logo won't fit on receipts

Greetings all! I am trying to add our logo to the receipts and my logo is cut off on the sides. It doesnt seem to matter what size the dimentions are it puts it in the same place and cuts the sides off. does anyone know what I am doing wrong.

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Is your logo retangular shaped? Square shows logos in a square so it has a tendency to cut things off.

From the Customize Your Receipts help page:

Receipt Logo Tips

• Your logo should be at least 200 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.
  • The maximum size of the printed logo is 400 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.
  • A printed receipt logo should be formatted as strict black and white, without any color or shades of grey.
  • The logo image displayed in your Dashboard will look similar to your printed logo.
Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Super Seller

Best Answer

Is your logo retangular shaped? Square shows logos in a square so it has a tendency to cut things off.

From the Customize Your Receipts help page:

Receipt Logo Tips

• Your logo should be at least 200 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.
  • The maximum size of the printed logo is 400 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.
  • A printed receipt logo should be formatted as strict black and white, without any color or shades of grey.
  • The logo image displayed in your Dashboard will look similar to your printed logo.
Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 11

My logo is 400 x 200. it still doesn't fit. why isn't there the option to crop it within the parameters?

Message 3 of 11

I am trying to change the background color of my receipt from blue to plain white (i.e. no color) which is what I think will look best with our new logo. And re logo - it's too tall and narrow -- is there a way I can resize it on my receipt?   thnx.

Message 4 of 11
Admin

@casaonthecreek I moved your question over to this thread so that you can take a look at @ryanwanner's Best Answer above. He's included the link that lists the steps which show how to customize your receipts. 🙂

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 5 of 11

I was having this problem too, as my logo is rectangle shape. I ended up opening a blank word document, and inserting a square shape with 2 x 2 in measurements into the document. I removed the fill, and made the border of the shape very thin. I then imported my logo into the document, and centered it within the square. Then I took a screen shot of described square, selecting only the border. It worked, hope this isn't confusing! 

Message 6 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing this helpful workaround, @LiaJmt! Glad you got this one solved with some extra creative troubleshooting 👏🍻

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 11

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: not all of my logo shows when I upload it

When I upload my logo for digital and printed receipts, only part of the logo shows up. Is there a way to edit this?

Message 8 of 11
Alumni

Hopefully I found the thread you're looking for - the best answer gives the appropriate dimensions for a receipt logo. 

@WendyHHR

Justin
Message 9 of 11

Hello, I'm trying to add a logo that should appear on the printed receipt. The following message appears when saving: Receipt image must be between 150x150 and (no max) x (no max)
i have adjusted the size in all directions but without success. can someone help me?

Message 10 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Juergen1973 and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to a thread where this question has been answered already.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Message 11 of 11