x

Loyalty Code not being sent to customers

When I first started the Loyalty program, it worked beautifully. The customer would get a text with their points and when they'd earned the coupon, they would get a code. The last couple of weeks that has stopped. My customers are still getting the text with their updated stars accumulation, but they're no longer getting the redemption code and when I look them up by name, the coupon is not showing under the Available Rewards anymore. I'm having to click on "Current Balance" and go into that screen. Not a huge deal, but it does take a little more time and it was much easier when they could show me their code. 

How do I get back to how it was before? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @stacyMVV, welcome to the seller community and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with this.

We did revamp Square Loyalty recently, and there isn't a way to revert to the previous version—sorry for any confusion this may cause for your customers as we work through this transition. For more information on the changes, have a look at this thread: Loyalty Stars are being updated!

I'll be sure to share your post with our Customer Engagement team and point out how having more control over these settings would have been helpful for your business. Again, I apologize for any frustration. Please let us know if anything else comes up or any other questions remain.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 4

I am really unhappy about this same issue. I used to be able to type in the reward code that square text the customer and now I cannot. I have had to put my own code under discounts and then go adjust the customers star count manually. Not really worth paying for anymore IMO

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @gamedaygraphics

While there is no more Code to Redeem Loyalty, the redemption process still works by searching by the Customer's Phone Number on the Redeem Rewards Page - then you click Redeem and their star/point count automatically drops - no need to use your own code and manually do the points later.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 4 of 4