x

Using Square register and Square stand with 1 USB register printer and 1 ethernet kitchen printer

I bought a Square Register and connected it to Star's USB register and kitchen ethernet printer and they work perfectly fine.  I was planning on buying a Square Stand for my second cashier to save a little money rather than buying another Square Register.  My question is, would I be able to share the USB printer at the register with both Square units?  If so, how would I go about doing so since I don't know how the Square Stand is set up until I buy one?  

I don't want to invest in the Stand and an iPad and then realize that it won't work with (share) with the printers I have.  Or would it be less of a headache (but more $) and just get another Square Register?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @KFT4Life

Great question!

I know for sure that you can share Ethernet printers across many Square Devices.

So you can have an Ethernet Kitchen Printer and a standard Ethernet Printer both being utilized by 2 (or more) Square Registers/Stands.

However, as far as I know, USB Devices (cash drawers or printers) only connect to a single Square Device at a time (the one whose hub the USB cord is plugged into), and cannot be shared across multiple Square Device.

Hope this helps,
Pesso

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 2 of 2