x
Alumni

Meet a Super Seller: Ron

Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 2.49.17 PM.png

As part of the Seller Community’s First Birthday, we wanted to highlight a few of our Community Super Sellers. These folks are some of our top contributors in the community, helping out other businesses with technical help and business advice.

Today we’ll be hearing from Ron from J.R.’s Fresh Cut Fries. I asked him a few questions about his business. If you want to know more, feel free to comment on this post!

Tell us a little about your business.

• J.R.’s Fresh Cut Fries – We’ve been in business for just over ten years now. We are located in a busy Farmers Market in Downtown York, PA. We serve over 24 different Combo Lunches and include Fresh Cut French Fries in all of our Combos. We try to offer mostly homemade entrees like Chicken Pot Pie, Pulled Pork BBQ, Hamburger BBQ (Sloppy Joes), Fresh Padded Oyster and Crab Cake Sandwiches, Burgers, Hot Dogs, Sausages, Chicken Strips and so much more. We have, from day one, supported the Community that supports us. We donate a portion of our Sales every month to three local Charity / Non Profits and we change the Charities at the beginning of each new year. Our Charities for 2017 are The York Rescue Mission, The Local York Chapter of Make-A-Wish, and the York County S.P.C.A. Our Website is www.jrsfries.com or www.facebook/jrsfries

When did you start using Square?

• We started using Square 2 years ago. Switching to Square was one of the best business decisions we ever did. We LOVE using the Square Register and love being able to offer our own customized Gift Cards because of Square. Square makes us even better than the big guys because they are always in the front with new technology, like taking chip cards, with the new contactless chip reader. Customers love being able to touch their phones or watches to the reader for instant payments.

What do you know now that you wish you would have known on day 1 of starting your business?

• How important it is to choose good, quality employees. And honestly, I’m not saying this because this interview is with Square, I wish I knew about Square long before I discovered it. The many advantages that we receive from Square are priceless to us.

What questions can you help with in the community?

• I feel that I could help other retailers with questions about customer service and how to attract more people to their businesses, as well as questions about hiring great employees. I’m also very experienced with setting up the Square Register - so feel free to ask me any general getting started questions having to do with setting up your items and tips for managing your day-to-day business with Square.

Ron was one of our earliest community members and has been a top contributor since the start. We love that J.R.’s Fresh Cut Fries puts such a big emphasis on giving back to their local community - thank you for being such a great example, and thanks for all you do, @Ron

Photo of Ron and the team with Mayor Bracey, receiving the Mayor’s Merchant of the Month award in 2016.Photo of Ron and the team with Mayor Bracey, receiving the Mayor’s Merchant of the Month award in 2016.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller Alumni

So very proud to be a part of the Square Family.

Message 2 of 2