x

Message Customer When Order Is Ready?

Hello! So my family and I own a Taco Truck where we do Pre-Orders online as well as walk up orders. I was wondering if there is a way to send a message to those who walk up (using iPad POS system) when their order is ready? As well as for the online orders (through our website). It gets pretty cold where we are located and we would like it if our customers could wait in their car and we can notify them through Text that their order is ready. 

Message 1 of 32
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @TacosDonPerez

There isn't a way to notify customers when their order is ready for in-house orders. However, for online orders, customers can opt in to receive text notifications about their order status. When you mark an order as ready, a text message will be sent to the phone number they entered at checkout.

Enable text message notifications in your checkout settings

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @TacosDonPerez

There isn't a way to notify customers when their order is ready for in-house orders. However, for online orders, customers can opt in to receive text notifications about their order status. When you mark an order as ready, a text message will be sent to the phone number they entered at checkout.

Enable text message notifications in your checkout settings

Justin
Message 2 of 32

If I marked something as ready by mistake, is there a way to revert back? 

Message 3 of 32
Admin

Welcome to the Seller Community @cconciatori

Once an order has been marked, there isn't a way to revert it at the moment. I can definitely see how it'd be an useful feature to have so I'll be sure to pass your suggestion to the appropriate teams!

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 32
Beta Member

There really needs to be a way to txt people when there order is ready in 2023. It makes no sense to have to buy bulky buzzer systems when we all have a buzzer in our pockets. Most pos platforms are already offering this. 

Message 5 of 32
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @jsestby 

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature. At this time the Square Messages team is looking for ways to make this possible. We hope to be able to expand our Square Messages offering soon.

JJ
Message 6 of 32

really need a way to notify customers when their order is ready. Many other POS and programs offer this, why not a tech based company like square? We have to use another system just to let them know their order is ready!

Message 7 of 32
Alumni

Assuming you're talking about in-house orders. I'm happy to tag your post as another request for in-house order notifications for customers. @Melissanichole

Justin
Message 8 of 32

Please pressure your IT team to add this feature. Many of us on food trucks and outdoor venues need this desperately!

Message 9 of 32

This feature would be really helpful. If online has it, why not in house orders?

Message 10 of 32

Adding this feature would be AMAZING and of course less stressful!  Please, please, please consider adding the "order is ready" feature to the in-house orders.  It would be helpful with all weather conditions

Message 11 of 32

Hi everyone!

Couldn't find this question asked, so I'm starting my first thread. I'm currently operating a food truck and at times have a 30-40 minute wait on orders. How can I send customers simple text alerts when their order is ready for pickup?

Please tell me this is possible or there's some work around. I know I can add a customer in the POS, and obviously Square has the capability to send SMS. If this isn't possible, it would be a HUGE feature to add for sellers like me. Thanks!

Josh

Stag Pizza

Kansas City, MO

Message 12 of 32

Has square updated being able to send a text alert when guests food is ready for pickup? The curbside option isn't what we are looking for. Our guests order in person and we need a way to tell them to pick up their food at the counter when it's ready. I don't want to have to use the old fashioned pager system!

Message 13 of 32

Hi @Sflikkema - Thanks for reaching out.

I merged your post with an existing thread containing the best answer to your question from JustinC and explains how your customers can receive notification updates for their Online Orders.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions~!

Violet
Message 14 of 32

@_Violet so we have been in a global pandemic for 20 months but Square hasn't been able to get a text feature added? We don't want to set all of our locations up online as we are poolside snack shacks, we need a way for people to order in person and then walk away until the food is ready. Seems simple enough if the tech is already there...any work arounds if we take their cell number at the time of the order??

Message 15 of 32

Hey @tablesready, Thank you for hopping in with the suggestion! A third party integration was going to be my next suggestion as well 🙂

@Sflikkema - If you're interested in using TablesReady with Square, you can view the details on your Square Dashboard in the App Marketplace section here.

I'll be sure to mark your post as a Feature Request as well to get our Product Team's eyes on this.

Violet
Message 16 of 32
Super Seller

I don’t think it’s possible (I’m in the uk & features are sometimes different). 

My work around is using their mobile number as the ticket name & then using Siri to text “hey Siri text XXXXX your orders ready” works & is pretty fast. 

For walk ups, I’d not want to have to create a customer for each one as that in itself could end up being pretty slow!

Pizza Is Chill

Message 17 of 32

Hi @stagpizza - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋😊

I merged your post with an existing thread containing the best answer to your question from JustinC and explains how your customers can receive notification updates for their Online Orders.

Currently, Square does not have a way to notify customers when their order is ready for in-house orders. If this is what you're looking for, this would be a feature request.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let us know if you have any additional questions. Always happy to help! 😊

Violet
Message 18 of 32

Hi @TacosDonPerez,

Our app (TablesReady, available in the marketplace: https://squareup.com/us/en/app-marketplace/app/tablesready), allows you to pull in your orders from Square POS, Square Online, and external 3rd party services all into one list where you can text customers when their order is ready. You can mark them as served to complete the order in Square and clear them from your list, too.

We can also display the order's line items and modifiers if you want to use us as a very basic KDS, too.

Yes, it's an additional $69.95/mo on top of Square, but it really only takes making the wait for a few customers better enough that they decide to come back the next time to pay for itself.

Hope that helps.

Mike

Message 19 of 32

Square - shocked this feature is still not available natively. PLEASE ADD ASAP!

Message 20 of 32

I would greatly benefit from this feature as well. Has there been any update?

Message 21 of 32