x

Reservation, pay at the door

We have monthly events and allow people to pay on-line, but many pay at the door.  Is there a way to store their reservation in Square so when they arrive we can match their payment to that reservation?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

If you use a printer with your register you are able to manually create a ticket for each client using their name and other information. When the client arrives at the door you simply look up the ticket by name, access it and tender the transaction. This should work if you are taking reservations by phone. I have not found a way to take an automatic transaction/reservation without payment.

Message 2 of 5

Maybe I'm missing the point, but it seems like you could enter the tranaction into Square Register, save it as a ticket, and then look up that ticket (or optionally print it out) when they arrive at the door. 

Message 3 of 5

You are correct. First you need to turn on "Open Ticket" in your settings. Then you will notice a new "Save" Button on every transaction. In stead of tendering the ticket simply save it.  Make the "New Ticket" and name it the clients name.  There is also a place to add notes like "Possibly two additional guests arriving with this client". I use this feature all the time. I have clients contact me on the phone to place an order.  I start the transaction on the register and save it.  It makes for an easy check-out when the arrive to pick up their order. 

Message 4 of 5
Square

@Feedback2016 - Thanks a ton for sharing this suggestion! It sounds like a great way to handle these types of sales. 

@MattSV @The_White_Hart -  Since Feedback2016's answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find this post if they have a similar question. Thanks! Also, welcome to the Seller Community. 🙂

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 5 of 5