x

Setting for next-day pick-up anytime during our open hours?

I have a bakery/restaurant and have been using the online store to accept pre-orders for next-day pick-up.  I am open from 9am until 12noon and customers can come pick up their orders the next day anytime during our open hours.  My preparation time setting for pick up is currently set at 1-business day.  With this setting, if a customer places an order at 9:30am, it tells them their order can be picked up the next day at 9:30am.  If the customer places an order at 11:15am, it tells them their order will be ready to be picked up the next day at 11:15am.  Is there a way/setting where they can be told to pick up their orders anytime between 9am and 12noon, regardless of the time of day they placed their order? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @ensoensoenso-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

To answer your question, not at this time. To give your customers more flexibility, you could allow them to select a pickup time:

Would that work? I realize it's not ideal. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 5

Hello-

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post, but I am in desperate need of a functionality change on the online ordering side of your site.

I am a bakery that does online preorder the day before only because of this pandemic.

So, Tuesday for Wednesday, Wednesday for Thursday etc.

Currently I have to change the time setting every few hours from next day, to five hours, then to right away to keep my orders coming in assigned to normal times.

My pick up hours at 8am-1pm.

Ordering is available until 5pm the day before.

For example: At 5pm On Tuesday when my orders close for the day, I have to change the prep time to one business day to kick it to a Thursday pick up time because at 5pm I am processing orders for Wednesday.

Then, Wednesday at 10am I have to change to 5 hours, because if I don't, it pushes the time to pick up to Thursday at 10am instead of my opening 8am, because it takes the one business day prep time literally to the hour. 

Then, at 1pm I have top change back to available right away to those orders placed until 5pm still show up for the next day.

Then, at 5pm, I have to change back to 1 business day so it pushes until Thursday.

This is a CRAZY amount of work I am having to do to keep the ordering process straight. Why does the prep time jump from one business day to 5 hours?

I am exhausted from running this bakery by myself under the current world circumstances, and this square/Weebly nightmare is SO stressful.

Please, please tell me your developers can address this.

If not, please be honest because I need to switch systems as I cannot keep this up.

Thank You

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Hi @ThisIsIt- Like @isabelle mentions on this thread, what you're looking to do is a feature request. But we're continuing to track the need for it. I'm sorry that the system is causing you to take those extra steps to make sure everything is running the way it should. If any changes come up, we'll do our best to share updates.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 5

Anything new here?

I am assuming it would have took some effort on the account of square to actually provide a solution. Therefore I am sure you did nothing about it.

It is not a hard concept to understand but, when you have moderators that have 0 understanding of how business' are ran in the real world you are not going to get anywhere.

Thanks for sharing updates! "we'll do our best"

Your best is pathetic. 

Message 5 of 5