x

Setting up timecards for employees

I cannot figure out how to go about setting up timecards on my Square POS. I have 6 employees who don't need passcodes to run the register but I would like to create passcodes for them to clock in at the beginning of the day and clock out at the end. I would like to create their passcodes myself since sending them an email to create their own is not a good option. I also do not want them to see each others hourly wages. I know there is a simple way to do this but I am not finding it. Hoping someone can help.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

@Gourmet1 You will want to enable team permissions.  This is free and doesn't cost anything.  This code is what the employees will use to log into the register.  

The second step is to set up your register with a device code.  This protects the sensitive information from just anyone looking at it except what you tell them.  You log into the device with the device code 1 time and it remembers after that.

Third step is go to settings and security and you will enable team passcode and from here you can set to not log out after a sale automatically so your team doesn't need to enter the team passcode each time.

The last step is to set up all of your team members and assign them a pin.  I use the last 4 of their social.  On the log in screen it will say clock in/clock out or they can hit the little stopwatch icon on the bottom right if someone is logged into the register.  This will allow them to clock in and out.  The e-mail address is so the employee can use the square team app to look at their hours and estimated gross pay.  This password is separate from their pin code that you set.

The last thing is to make sure on team permissions you only enable what you want your employees to all be able to do.  Run a report, access point of sale, back out of a sale, refunds, etc.  You will have an owner passcode that you use to log into the point of sale and have full access.  This is what I use and it works very well, and in your case you won't need to purchase team management unless you decide you want to be able to have different permission sets for different employees.  Also, they can't see each others pay unless you enable that permission.

Hope this helps,

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 3

Thank you for your quick reply! I will try all of this, hopefully with success!

Kimberly

Message 3 of 3