x

Square Register - Change Sticky Label Width?

Hello!

We have two ios Square Stands(drive thru and counter), we are upgrading one of these stands (counter) to the Square Register since the iOS support for that one is outdated now.

I'm currently setting up the Square Register and verifying our different printers work when I ran into the issue of not being able to change the Sticky Label Width to 57mm.

We have been operating with the 57mm sticky labels for a few months now and prefer them, and of course, have a stockpile of these label rolls. I've also read NOT to change my sticky label Printer sizes back and forth from 57mm to 80mm to avoid malfunctioning.

So now I'm looking for a solution on getting the Square Register to print 57mm labels. Does anyone know if this is something that's going to be updated? And hopefully soon?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @sugarshakercafe - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Great Question.

I can totally see the need for a feature like this and how beneficial it could be for sellers. At this time Square does not offer a feature that will allow you to edit printer labels. The best way to get this feature implemented onto the platform would be through a feature request on our Ideate Board. On our Ideate Board our engineers are able to explore popular feature request and the urgency and importance of these features. 

I hope this helps. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

Have any updates been made to this? 

Message 3 of 6

There are no updates to this feature @pekarna. Thank you for sharing your interest.

JJ
Message 4 of 6

Did they ever come up with a solution to this? I'm looking to do the same for my coffee cart.

Message 5 of 6

Hello @brewbuggy 

I was able to receive confirmation that our Sticky Label Printer is compatible with 80mm and 58mm. There is an attachment that comes in the box that can be installed in the printer to make it work with the smaller roll.

Here is a picture from the manual that shows the part that needs to be installed.

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Message 6 of 6