x
Beta Member

Transitioning inventory from Square POS to Square for Retail?

Has anyone transitioned from the Square POS app to the Square for Retail app and can tell me how the inventory transfer goes? 

I'm ready to make the leap (at least to the free trial) except I'm scared that I will have to re-enter ALL of my inventory! (I have a brick and mortar retail store with lots of variations in my products.)

AND, if I hate the retail app, what about transferring the inventory BACK to the POS app?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @SmartyPantsJane, thanks for reaching out — glad to hear you're taking the free trial! 👍

Regarding inventory, you won't have to re-enter anything as your account information will remain the same — you'll notice that you'll have access to the premium features. As always, you can import items online using our bulk import tool. Learn more about Square for Retail's inventory options in our Support Center: Inventory Plus.

If this doesn't address your account setup needs, or if you'd like a member of our Retail Support Team to take a deeper dive into your account, let them know. They'll make sure everything is good to go.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2