x

What time is a scheduled Invoice sent on the scheduled day?

Scheduling a future invoice, when does it send on the scheduled day? I ask because I scheduled invoices to send on today (Feb 12) 2 days ago and they still haven't sent. Thank you! 

Message 1 of 16
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @Roxiro! Scheduled Invoices are set to send at 10am local time on the day they're scheduled. Were yours finally sent?

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @Roxiro! Scheduled Invoices are set to send at 10am local time on the day they're scheduled. Were yours finally sent?

Puka - She/They
Message 2 of 16

Yes they were! I just hadn't scheduled one before. Just made drafts and then manually sent on the day I wanted them to go. So, I was a little confused(at 7am.. haha)  when I saw them still scheduled. I feel like they went closer to 9am though. 

Thank you for the response! 

Message 3 of 16
Alumni

Ahh, gotcha. I was a confused the first time I sent a scheduled invoice for my own business before so no worries! If you have any other questions, just give us a shout. 🤙🏼

Puka - She/They
Message 4 of 16

Thanks! I will! 

Message 5 of 16

Can the time the invoices are sent be adjusted? I would like to send earlier than 10 am local time 

Message 6 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Mrtechnology thanks for asking! At this time, we are not able to adjust the time invoices are sent out each day. It's an awesome feature request we are tracking, but for the time being, they will always be sent at the scheduled time. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 16

Yes @AshleyK , I too would really love to have the scheduled invoices sent out earlier because my business day starts before 10am and I have clients asking where their invoice are because they want to pay before they pickup. Please add this feature we would love it and it would make running our businesses much smoother.

Message 8 of 16

What if they don't send at 10 am local time?  I have scheduled all invoices to be sent on the first of each month and we are EST.  Its 1025 am and nothing has sent.  They are more than a dozen

Message 9 of 16

Hi @JohnMorganLM - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I reached out to the Square Invoices Product Team on this one. They let me know that this is a known issue on the engineering end - it can take a while before sending scheduled invoices on 1st day of the month.
Our engineers are currently working on this to reduce the delay and hope to see some better results within the next month.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Message 10 of 16

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: What time of day will a scheduled invoice be sent?

When I schedule an invoice to be sent on a specific date, what time of day will it be sent?

Message 11 of 16
Admin

@sewseabrook As answered by @Puka in this thread, scheduled Invoices are sent at 10am local time on the day they are scheduled😀

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 12 of 16

Nope looks like you didn't get what I was saying.  it would be nice to set when invoices go out as in --> under preferences you can set how many days in advance your invoices go out.  Leave the option open or no more than 10 days in advance.  I know you don't have this that is why it is a suggestion on improving your program

I set up a reoccurring invoice already for Jul 1, 2021 but right now Square won't send that invoice out until July 1 2021 at 10am.  I start my day at 8am and I want my customer to pay before I go out.  I would like to send out my invoices 5 days in advance, so it will give them time to see the invoice and then pay the invoice.  If a customer is a procrastinator; it will give them 5 whole days to pay the invoice.  Because on July 1, 2021 at 10am, he is probably at work already and now won't get the invoice until he gets home about 6pm

Message 13 of 16

I see! Thanks for clarifying that for me @usascottwright. I moved your post to our Invoice feature request board where your suggestion has greater visibility to our product team.

We will make sure to provide any future updates. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 14 of 16

Has the feature to adjust the time invoices to be sent out been created? Needing this for our business and it would be great to have set up. Thanks!

Message 15 of 16

They haven't notified me if it is up yet.  I don't use this service usually for invoicing but my customer wanted to use this for his credit card so that is fine.  But I have a lot of procrastinators out there.

Message 16 of 16