x

Where do I find comped open tickets?

I want to use Tickets to track family accounts as well as donations to different groups.  Ultimately some of these tickets will be closed as a comp.  Where can I see the closed ticket and that it was a comp?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

We are just beginning to use the Tickets feature.  I setup a test to see if a new order added to an existing open ticket would print when saved.  It did not.  I'm actually not even sure it will print an initial order when a new ticket is opened.  We have all settings enabled for the printer.  It prints as expected for a normal sales transaction. What am I missing?

Message 2 of 5
Admin

Hello @Edds! I merged your two post into one so I could answer your questions about open tickets in one place!

First, you can view a report for an charges that were comped from the Comp and Void report available on your online Dashboard:

1. Sign in to your account online at squareup.com/dashboard.
  2. Click Sales > click Reports
  3. Select Comps from the Reports menu. (Adjust the date range as needed.)
  4. Click Export to download a report to your computer.

To see a comped item from the app: 

1. Tap on the three horizontal lines in the upper left.
  2. Tap Transactions.
  3. You'll see the name of the items included in the transaction, and the reason any of the items were comped. 

As for your second question, if you’re using a kitchen ticket printer, a new order ticket will print each time a new item is added to an open ticket. Can you let me know what printer you're using?

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 5

We are using the Star Micronics TSP 143IIU printer. It works fine for regular orders, but won’t print when order was saved as a ticket. 

I comped a ticket and went to that location on the dashboard to find it in reports. Never appeared. That was why I put in the support request.

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Thanks for confirming that @Edds. I went ahead and escalated this to our Support team who can reach out to you over email and investigate these issues further! Thanks for your patience! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 5