x

Where do I find the sales tax each month in reports

Hi I am to trying to find myself's tax that I have sold in the last month in my reports and I cannot seem to find that

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Super Seller

Message 2 of 10

Doesn't work for me. All my reports have no tax in them. Just a big fat Zero. I have to look through the sales, one by one, even though my sales tax is set up automatically to be collected and should be in the reports. No one seems able to fix this issue for me.

Message 3 of 10
Super Seller

That doesn't sound like you have the tax setup correctly if none of the reports are showing that you have collected tax.

Message 4 of 10

Than square had to have changed it and messed it up? I set it once, had Weebly help me and we got it right. And I haven't changed anything in the sales tax since. But have had Square and weebly work on getting the reports to reflect for a few years. I don't think it would work well if it weren't set up properly either. And it collects sales tax perfectly for the only state I do charge sales tax in.

Message 5 of 10
Super Seller

@Jay1026 ;

You should be able to see the taxes on your dashboard  here : https://squareup.com/dashboard/sales/reports/taxes 

If that show Taxable Sales at $0.00 you have taxes set up wrong.  You should also be able to see Sales tax on each receipt for each sale that sold Taxable Items.  You can look at your Transaction and choose any transaction to see a sales receipt.  This should show the tax amount collected for that Transaction.  Here : https://squareup.com/dashboard/sales/transactions 

You could also look on a cell phone or tablet that you are logged into, and look at a past Transaction to see if sales tax was collected for that transaction. 

Hope this helps.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 6 of 10

I had Square help 3 times and they say everything is set up correctly. And the sales taxes are charged and always correct. Just another problem that with days of help, lots of upgraded tickets, and still doesn't work. Used too before Square bought out Weebly and nothing changed other than that.

Message 7 of 10
Super Seller

so this is online sales?  Square bought Weebly almost 6 years ago so that seems not applicable to the issue at hand.  If you go and look at a transaction in Square can you see the tax that is collected on an individual transaction?  https://squareup.com/dashboard/sales/transactions

Message 8 of 10

Of course. That's how i figure out my sales tax each and every month. I have to go in and look individually.
Weebly owned. I could look at reports and see my sales tax collected. I changed nothing.
Square owned (yes, around 4 years ago), reports stopped showing me the sale tax collected. Again, I did nothing. Worked with Weebly and Square for quite some time who passed me back and forth and said the other side had to take care of it. Neither being helpful.
But both confirming all was set up properly. Which I knew since I had been using it just fine.
And then about 2 years ago I went through a series of, your ticket has been sent up to the bigger better teams of techs. But to no avail. My reports still do not show my sales tax.
No sales tax listedNo sales tax listedShows collected sales tax.Shows collected sales tax.

Message 9 of 10
Super Seller

@Jay1026 ;

What you have circled for Taxes at $0.00 is where I go for my In store taxes report.  I do not use Square for my Online sales which is what @VanKalkerFarms I believe was referring to when they said online and not meaning your Online Dashboard.  As I said I do not use Square for my Online Sales so I would not be able to help point you where your Sales Tax report would be for your Online Sales.  My only thought would be you would need to go through your admin site for Square Online.  I am not sure if the Online and In Person Sales tax report is located in the same area in Square.  I also do know that in my case, I only charge sales tax for items sold to and shipped within Pennsylvania. Not other online shipments are charged PA sales.  The part that is suggesting to me that there is another area for your Sales Tax collected for your Online Store is that the Transaction is showing it was collected but not showing on the report your showing.

So you may want to ask this in the Square Online Sales Channel page since we were thinking this was related to the Square Point of Sales apps and not the Online Sales Channel.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 10 of 10