x

Why do my online orders not show on my iPad?

The only way I can see my online orders is when I login to square online.  Also, how do I verify I received the money on the online orders?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

@Hilary - Happy to help tackle this one. Currently the way things are configured, Online Store shipping orders won't show in your recent transactions until the order has been fully completed. At that point, you should see the record in-app.

As for notifications, I'd suggest making sure that email notifications are turned on. This is the best way to know when orders come in.  

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 7

There is an order section on the IPad, but orders are not appearing there to be processed.

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Market119

You should be able to manage pickup orders from the Square app on an iPad. 

Check out this existing article for more details:

Manage Pickup Orders From the Square App

Message 4 of 7

Our problem is that the pickup order box is supposed to come up on the iPad but it doesn't sometimes...in fact most of the time it doesn't. Why can't that pop up box be configured so that it won't disappear until someone clicks on it? Really frustrating as people show up to pick up their food and we don't have it ready because we didn't see the order. We're thinking of shutting down our online ordering for this reason.

Message 5 of 7

Hello @littlegrocery1, have you considered turning on Remote Order Tickets? This feature will automatically print an order ticket when a customer places an order for pick up! 

If you have a supported kitchen ticket printer and an iPad this feature is easy to enable! 

• First you'll need to head to the settings page on your iPad.
  • Then select Remote Orders from the list. 
  • Toggle Print New Remote Orders on. 
  • Tap Printers and select your connected printer.
  • Turn Order Tickets on. 
  • Make sure to enable the item categories you'd like available for pickup 

It won't help with the pop up box, but it will make sure your customers order is ready when they show up. 🙂

If you have any questions please let me know. 

Message 6 of 7

We don’t have an order ticket printer, only a receipt printer. Why can’t Square just program the system to keep the “New Order” box up on the ipad until someone closes it out?

Message 7 of 7