x

assorted bundle

I sell a half dozen and full dozen assorted bagels. I was using a mix and match plugin on Wordpress and as I'm migrating over to Square, I can't really tell how to set up a mix and match bundle. I can add all of my modifiers, but how do you give them an option to only do 6 or 12? I currently have 8 modifiers. 5 at a regular price, and 3 with an additional upcharge.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey @mraaronsgoods,

Welcome to the Community!

You can assign multiple modifiers to a single item in your item library. A possible workaround would be to create a separate modifier with the option 6 or 12 (half dozen or full dozen) and set that modifier before they can select from the type of bagels modifier. 

Learn more about Modifiers and Creating and Managing Item Modifiers.

Let me know if this helps.

Message 2 of 8

Okay, so I set it up as two separate items: Assorted Half Dozen and Assorted Dozen. Each have their own price set. I then added modifiers for each flavor, however, it just gives 8 choices. It doesn't allow them to build out 6 or 12. Also, the customer cannot select multiples of the same flavor. They're just limited to the 8 flavors added in the modifiers.

Message 3 of 8

@mraaronsgoods  You are able to create more than 8 flavors because each modifier set is unlimited. Unfortunately, there is no workaround if they would like the same flavor. I would recommend contacting our Support team so they can walk through your account modifier in real-time.

When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here: squ.re/contactsqsupport.

Message 4 of 8

Yeah, I understand that I can make more than 8 flavors. I don't offer more than 8 flavors. The whole point of an assortment is giving people the option of building out the different types. The fact that there's no workaround for a mix and match, or allowing people to bundle is beyond me. From what I gather, people have been asking on the forums for this option since 2016. So, I wasted a bunch of time adding items and building out a site to migrate from Woocommerce to Square and Square can't even offer the most basic thing my customers need, so I'm scrapping it now and staying with Woocommerce. Absolute insanity.

Message 5 of 8

So I have each individual bagel built out as an item with the option of single/half-dozen/dozen. Then make a separate item for Assorted Bagels with a modifier for half dozen and dozen (with the different prices attached to them), and then do I do sub-modifiers or something for them to select the individual bagels? 6 of the flavors are all the same price and then 2 are a $1 upcharge. On those 6 that are the same price, just leave that "additional price" at $0.00 and then the other 2, set at $1.00?

Message 6 of 8

I agree, we have a gifts, home and fashion boutique so creating bundles for special occasions is a must. The fact this is only possible with a completely separate bundle item is shocking, it is not a scalable solution and instantly causes inventory issues, let alone the time wasted. This has been requested on various threads since 2020… when can we expect implementation? 

Message 7 of 8

Hi @BlushLifestyle,

Thank you for writing into the Seller Community to highlight this feature request. 

I understand how frustrating it is when there hasn't been an update on a thread like this for a while. 

Bundles are a popular feature request, and I can see how useful they'd be to your business, streamlining the process of selling items in mix-and-match configurations while tracking your stock. We continue to highlight the suggestions we receive here with our eCommerce team. While we don't have an update we can share with you at the moment, this is on our radar and we'll be sure to share an announcement once bundles are available. 

Message 8 of 8