x

intermittent connectivity issue with receipt printer/cash drawer with square stand

Have been using square stand for several years, 3 years in fact.  This past year we have had a lot of intermittent connectivity issues with our receipt printer/cash drawer that came as part of the initial square stand package.  It will run fun and then the red light will come on so neither the printer or cash drawer will work.  They will also be gone in the square settings as well.  Many times I can unplug the printer for a few minutes and then everything will re connect.  But its becoming more frequent of an occurrence.  And of course it will always happen when we are busy.  I have made sure the app and iOS is updated because I thought that was the issue but it continues to happen.  app version 5.48 and iOS is 14.0.1  Would love some help

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey @baliciousmiami!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Just to be clear here - do you know if the issues are related to your iPad connecting to your stand? Or is the issue with the accessories that are plugged into your USB hub?

I worked on the Support Team prior to being a moderator for Seller Community, and most of the troubleshooting calls I had were issues related to the USB hub. Some folks needed a replacement.

I would take a look at this Support Center article. It has some really good troubleshooting steps. If you give our Support Team a call, they may be able to identify if it's the hub, or your iPad becoming disconnected from the stand itself. If the iPad cannot connect to the stand, it won't be able to stay properly connected to anything plugged into the hub. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 3

Im going to say its the accessories I think???.   the cash drawer and the printer will just disconnect for no apparent reason.  The red light will show on the printer and sometimes unplugging it for a moment will help but then sometimes its a lost cause and it won't reconnect for the rest of the night.  On occasion I have unplugged the printer/cash drawer from the outlet and let it sit for a while.  Honestly I can't really understand whats making them disconnect and as far as what Ive tried there is not one tried and true way to reconnect them.  All I can say is that the cash drawer and printer both disconnect at the same time and the square app won't recognize either of them.  However the kitchen printer continues to work.. Im pulling my hair out trying to figure this out.  And of course it always seems to happen more when we are busy.

Message 3 of 3