x

Can I swipe cards from Puerto Rico?

When I swipe the card it don't let me cause said declined I'm in Pr ? That's why or I have to do something else? Please help
Tags (2)
Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

If you're trying to process a card from within Puerto Rico, then that's likely what is happening. Unfortunately we're not able to support card processing in Puerto Rico, or other US territories. Apologies!

You can find more information here. We'll be sure to let you know if this changes! 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

Best Answer

If you're trying to process a card from within Puerto Rico, then that's likely what is happening. Unfortunately we're not able to support card processing in Puerto Rico, or other US territories. Apologies!

You can find more information here. We'll be sure to let you know if this changes! 

Message 2 of 7

I've seen people use Square in PR. I've paid through Square in PR. However, I am trying to provide a service in PR and I want to get paid prior to finishing the job and it won't let me. I have a US bank account and address.

How come some people are able to and some people aren't?

Message 3 of 7

My situation exactly.  When will we get service?

Message 4 of 7
Square

@Mickey @jgwt - Accepting payments in PR is definitely a popular feature request. While it's not currently supported, we'll be sure to pass along the request to our product liaison team. For more details on this process and the role the community plays, check out this thread

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 5 of 7

@Sean;

I've seen and have used Square in Puerto  Rico. How can that be?

Message 6 of 7
Square

@Mickey - That shouldn't be the case, so I can't speak to this. We don't currently provide credit card processing services in PR. It may be possible that someone is just using our Square Stand or Square Register software to track their sales and inventory. Square Register is available worldwide as a free download for Android and iOS devices. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 7 of 7