x
Beta Member

Customer Group to all Have Coupon Added

For everyone who is part of a specific Customer Group, I would like to add a coupon for them to receive 50% off their first purchase.

Is there a way that I can automatically do this for a group?

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 31
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi everyone! In case you haven't seen it yet, customer group discounts launched last month. Thank you again for posting your suggestions and feedback!

Adam
Seller Community, Platform

View Best Answer >

Message 31 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Admin

Hey @SLHS!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

There isn't a way to create an automatic discount that is applied to certain customer's purchases. You'd have to create the discount, and then apply it manually. Sorry about that. At this time, discounts can only be applied to specific items, categories, or quantities. 

Are these purchases in-person purchases? Or Online Store purchases? Let me know! 🌟

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 22 of 31

Is there an update regarding creating a feature for customers to create their own login accounts? I would love to see this happen sooner than later. 😉 

Tags (1)
Message 23 of 31

I think we need a bit more information here, at least I do.  Are you selling online or in a brick-and-mortar store?

I would think either way that once a customer has purchased something and they have entered their email address that they technically have an "account" and they can come back and shop whenever they want.  And once you have that email in your system you can market to them, unless they opt-out.

What am I missing?  What are you trying to ultimately do?

-Mark

Message 24 of 31
Square Community Moderator

Hi @MissNicolaT! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Seller Community. 🙂

I've merged this thread to another thread that I believe answers your question, but please definitely let @FoxandThistle and I know if we can help answer your question further. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 25 of 31

and that merged thread is where?????

Message 26 of 31

Hello,

I have placed the same request and I think this would be a great marketing tool. We have about 80 customers who are requesting this feature, Thanks.

Message 27 of 31
Alumni

Thanks for adding your vote!!! @Skinsational

Justin
Message 28 of 31

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: I need a discount to be tied to a group of clients

When i select a client i want his discount to be applied automatically so they don’t have to ask for it

Message 29 of 31
Alumni

While exactly what you've described isn't currently possible, @RHatch provided a way for you to accomplish what you're looking to do here in their Best Answer. I've moved your post over to this thread so that if something changes in regards to the way these coupons work, we will be able to let you know here, @Rosza.

Valentina
Message 30 of 31
Admin

Best Answer

Hi everyone! In case you haven't seen it yet, customer group discounts launched last month. Thank you again for posting your suggestions and feedback!

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 31 of 31