x

Does Square have a report for time of day of sales for a specified day of the week over time?

I'm trying to determine hours I should be open on Monday's in 2017 based on time of day of sales on Monday's in 2016. Is there a way I can drill the report down to only show me aggregate info on Monday's in 2016? Currently I get time of day of sales averaged for the entire week, for the entire year. I'd like it to be just a little more specific if possible.

Message 1 of 51
2 Best Answers
Beta Member

Best Answer

We played with it a little and found a way to pull the info that we wanted.  It's not easy, but if you have someone that knows Excel you can get it out. 

Instead of going to the "Reports" section of your dashboard, go to the "Transactions" section.  We pulled info for all of 2019, all day, all payment methods, Payments only (not refunds), completed payments, from the location we wanted (we have multiple locations), and from the POS only (not invoice payments).  

We were able to export the raw data as a csv into Excel, and then create a pivot table to organize the data by day, by hour.  Now we have graphs showing both number of transactions by hour as well as dollar amounts for every Sunday in 2019, Monday, etc.  

We got all the data we needed, but it wasn't necessarily easy if you don't know excel that well.

View Best Answer >

Message 43 of 51
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

You'll have to manually calculate the averages, but if you navigate from your Dashboard > Reports > Sales Summary, then set the date range to whatever period you're interested in, you'll get a report just under the main graph that breaks the sales out by day during that period.  Hovering over the bar for each day will bring up the total of that day's sales for the period.  Divide the total sales by the number of weeks in your period for the average.

A quick search didn't bring up any way to automate this, but it would be very simple for Square to do.  There may be other ways to do this in Square, but this is the best one I found.

Judy T Shumway

View Best Answer >

Message 35 of 51
50 REPLIES 50
Beta Member

Best Answer

We played with it a little and found a way to pull the info that we wanted.  It's not easy, but if you have someone that knows Excel you can get it out. 

Instead of going to the "Reports" section of your dashboard, go to the "Transactions" section.  We pulled info for all of 2019, all day, all payment methods, Payments only (not refunds), completed payments, from the location we wanted (we have multiple locations), and from the POS only (not invoice payments).  

We were able to export the raw data as a csv into Excel, and then create a pivot table to organize the data by day, by hour.  Now we have graphs showing both number of transactions by hour as well as dollar amounts for every Sunday in 2019, Monday, etc.  

We got all the data we needed, but it wasn't necessarily easy if you don't know excel that well.

Message 43 of 51

I did that once too. Took a lot of time. If it's worth it to do it that way, it should be worth Square making it easy for everyone to see. Would be even better to get the numbers by hour on specific days. That's the main thing I was hoping to see anyway. It would help a LOT with staffing efficiently if you could see the hourly trends by day of the week.

Message 44 of 51

any updates on this ?

Message 45 of 51
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @brewtoledo - thanks for reaching out here and checking in on this feature. No shareable update to provide on this one, just yet. We will continue to update this thread as we have new information to share.

Thanks for your patience! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 46 of 51

Came here looking for this option as well. Now especially with how the world has changed, we’d like to pull reports on sales by time to help determine our new hours. 

Message 47 of 51
Beta Member

Any chance you'd want to show the row/column/etc setup for this?

Message 48 of 51

Seems like all threads in square start sometime around 6 years ago and go like this.  "I can see how that would be a valuable item for the operation of your business.  We do not yet have that feature but it is on our roadmap. We will get back with you (never) when we have developed this"

Message 49 of 51

I need to see a report that can show average sales for a particular given weekday.

Example: Average sales for Mondays for past 6 weeks or 6 months etc...

This will help with scheduling, ordering, when to run specials and which specials to run on which day of the week.

Hard to believe this is not built in to square somewhere... please help?

Message 50 of 51
Alumni

The Best Answers in this thread should help, @Westsyde!

This kind of reporting would be considered a feature request at this time.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 51 of 51