x

Feature Request: Discounts show up beneath items on receipts

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: discounts showing on product item line on receipt]

Hello, I was just wondering if there was a way for receipts to show the discounts on the item lines so that you can see what the items price is after discount is applied to that specific item. I am a wholesaler and my customers sometimes buy more than one item at a time but on their receipts it only displays the full price of each item and only one line with all the discounts. This makes it hard for my customers to know what items they bought were discounted so I have to send a break down through email to tell them the prices. Thank you for your time. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @hayleys-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

I did a test transaction with some test discounts to see if I could find a workaround, as you are right, the discounts will not show up on the receipts below the items they are applied to:

The only workaround I would currently suggest is to name the discounts after the items they are being applied to in order to make it more clear. 

Having the discount shown clearly under the item it's been applied to on the receipt is a great feature request though. I'll definitely pass is along to the appropriate team. Thanks again! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

People have been requesting this since 2016. When you service over 1k customers a day see what happens. Its a nightmare! Mass confusion. Bad thing is square doesnt care! 4 years and still no feature that is critical to retail! Thats the main reason im leaving. good luck!

Message 3 of 5

I’ve only been using Square for about a year now and one issue is causing me to lose sleep because customers are questioning our charges (trying to build a solid retail reputation when customers are constantly calling about their charges is very difficult!)

WHY DO THE LINE ITEM DISCOUNTS NOT APPEAR ALONG WITH THE ITEM ON THE PRINTED RECEIPTS?  

I’ve read through similar threads (and this one will probably get ‘merged’ and get dumped to the bottom again.)

WHAT IS SO HARD ABOUT REFLECTING EACH DISCOUNT WITH THE RESPECTIVE LINE ITEM...AS OPPOSED TO LUMPING THEM AT THE BOTTOM? IT MAKES OUR PRACTICES LOOK SHADY AND IT IS CAUSING MAJOR ISSUES,,,

Message 4 of 5

WHY is this so hard to do? It's right there on the iPad screen!  Shouldn't take too much engineering brainpower to do this and it's been YEARS! I'm done.

Message 5 of 5