x

How do I add Free shipping discount on orders over $30 online?

Hey all-

Is it possible to create a discount in the online store that only applies to orders over a certain amount?  Alternatively, can a promo code be created to apply a discount that only works with orders over a certain amount?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @nhorman — Welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up!

At this time, the ability to apply a conditional discount or promo code based on order amount as you've described isn't available with the Online Store. As an alternative, if an order is over a set dollar amount, you could offer to issue your customer a partial refund for the discount amount.

I can definitely see how this would benefit many businesses and I'll be sharing your request with our Product Liaison team.

If any other sellers have any strategies that have worked well for similar discount offers, feel free to chime in! 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 4

Thanks @Tom! I had suspected as much, thank you for sharing the idea.  Another idea that was floated to me on this was to create a separate item in my store, which was a bundle of the multiple items that I wanted to discount (selling them for the  flat discounted price).  Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to manage inventory control when creating an item that is a superset of other items.  Is that a possibility?

Best

Neil

Message 3 of 4
Square

That would be a drawback there too, @nhorman. "Multi-items" like that wouldn't account for the inventory of each item, so your counts would have to be adjusted manually. Wish we had a cleaner workaround! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Message 4 of 4