x

How do I export filtered csv file. I only want low or zero inventory items?

On the Item Library screen, when I filter for "low stock alert" and then click export that csv contains my entire inventory vs just the low stock items. Is there a way to just get the low or zero stock items exported?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 26
1 Verified Answer
Tom
Verified Answer

Re: How do I export filtered csv file. I only want low or zero inventory items?

Hey @FFXSTN, thanks for surfacing. At this time, the ability to filter inventory CSV files before exporting them isn't available. For now, you will have to sort your files using a program like Excel or Numbers.

I can certainly see how having the option to filter directly in your Online Dashboard would help streamline your workflow — rest assured that I'll be sharing your post with our Product Liaison team.

Appreciate your patience as we're always working to improve based on seller feedback! 🙂

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @FFXSTN, thanks for surfacing. At this time, the ability to filter inventory CSV files before exporting them isn't available. For now, you will have to sort your files using a program like Excel or Numbers.

I can certainly see how having the option to filter directly in your Online Dashboard would help streamline your workflow — rest assured that I'll be sharing your post with our Product Liaison team.

Appreciate your patience as we're always working to improve based on seller feedback! 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Just curious, so many have been asking for this logical feature for 3 years. Why not have a fix for it yet? For us in retail, it's a no brainer to be able to have a simple report of low stock. Seems like an easy fix for the software engineers

Message 22 of 26

I too need a report of items that are running low or inventory that is out. I have thousands of items this needs to be streamlined. Also, we need the ability to create purchase orders based on items that are running low or out. 

Message 23 of 26

This feature would cut time off our inventory process every single week. The workaround of fixing items in Excel is ok but it should be temporary. 

Please add a filter that allows me to choose the fields I want in the Export file. For example, I have multiple locations. I just want to pull a report with the one location and not have 20 columns worth of stuff as well. Just need the 3-4 columns that I use.

Thanks and keep us posted. 3 years seems a bit excessive for a fairly simple feature that would help out your big businesses.

Message 24 of 26

I was looking for the same feature today and came across this thread.  Recently, I have been having problems managing my inventory.  I receive items and then update the amount and a day or two later the inventory I received drops back down to zero.  Unfortunately, I use the low stock alert feature to order inventory, but with my current problems it has made matters even worse because everything that I recieve is listed there as well as items that should be there need to be counted.  I really need this feature in order to be able to do my job more efficiently without having to do so much of the leg work.  The other day it took me 8 hours just to build a reorder list and update the low stock alert list just to find out the next week the same items I updated never really updated in square.  "Square, if you are listening, please help!"

Message 25 of 26
Admin

We hear you @Wiggy!

First, if it seems like your inventory isn't updating correctly please do email our call our Support team so we can investigate this for you! 

Second, I really appreciate the time you took to post about your experience. The Product Team is actively tracking the feature request for a filtered CSV file, and I know that they will find your feedback really helpful. We'll post any updates to this thread!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 26 of 26